With the new Law, it’s hard to say how many will kena tangkap.
23 August 2016
Pakatan Harapan presidential council today condemned the remand of three student activists promoting the TangkapMO1 rally.
“The Pakatan Harapan presidential council strongly opposes intimidation by the authorities against the organisers and supporters of this rally,” it said in a statement.
The council also threw its support behind the Aug 27 rally.
21 August 2016
KUALA LUMPUR: Susulan himpunan #TangkapMO1 yang dirancang 27 Ogos depan, tiga mahasiswa yang sedang mengedarkan risalah di Universiti Teknologi Mara (UiTM) Seri Iskandar, Perak ditahan, petang tadi.
Menurut Exco Politik Persatuan Mahasiswa Islam Universiti Malaya (UM) Suhail Wan Azahar, beliau bersama rakan-rakan memohon secara baik untuk memasuki perkarangan universiti bagi memberi sedikit penerangan kepada siswa UiTM.
Penerangan itu bertujuan untuk menghimpun anak muda turun ke Dataran Merdeka nanti bagi menggesa kerajaan menangkap dan mendakwa individu yang digelar Malaysian Official 1.
“Kami hanya berucap di hadapan pintu pagar kampus memandangkan kami tidak dibenarkan masuk untuk edar risalah.
“Sekitar jam 6.50 petang, tiga rakan kami ditahan oleh pihak polis. Kami sedang tunggu diluar pagar UiTM dan sedang menunggu maklum balas mengenai keadaan mereka,” katanya.
Tiga mahasiswa yang ditangkap ialah Timbalan Pengerusi Kesatuan Mahasiswa Malaysia Luqman Nul Haqim Zul Razali, Exco Dakwah Persatuan Mahasiswa Islam UM Luqman Hakim Fazli dan Timbalan Pengerusi Pro Mahasiswa UM Sabah Ashraff Nazrin.
Khalid: Why so hard on Tangkap MO1 rally?
Opposition MPs question whether the student demonstration to reveal identity of ‘Malaysian Official 1’ has hit a raw nerve.
PETALING JAYA: A police clampdown on the TangkapMO1 rally, planned for Aug 27 at Dataran Merdeka, is proof that the subject is a sensitive issue for people in power, according to Amanah communications director Khalid Samad.
Media reports yesterday said three students were detained by police at the Universiti Teknologi Mara campus in Seri Iskandar when they attempted to enter the grounds to promote the rally.
Police have granted the organisers of #TangkapMO1 rally to hold their protest on condition that they get permission from KL City Hall to use Dataran Merdeka as their venue.
20 August 2016
Tangkap MO1 rally to proceed at Dataran Merdeka
Rally spokesperson says Dataran Merdeka belongs to all Malaysians and will not budge from stand despite advice from IGP to find another venue.
PETALING JAYA: The Tangkap Malaysian Official 1 (TMO1) rally will proceed at Dataran Merdeka, despite Inspector-General of Police Khalid Abu Bakar advising the organisers to find another venue.
Speaking to FMT, TMO1 spokesperson Anis Syafiqah Md Yusof said the venue for the rally would not be changed.
She said Dataran Merdeka, a significant landmark for all Malaysians, belonged to Malaysians.
She said those attending TMO1 had every right to assemble peacefully and guaranteed that there would be no untoward incidents.
“We just want to gather and tell the authorities to catch Malaysian Official One. We are not gathering to create chaos.”
Meanwhile, Bersih 2.0 Chairperson Maria Chin Abdullah, whose organisation will also be taking part in the rally, echoed similar sentiments.
“My view is that the Kuala Lumpur City Hall (DBKL) should allow public interest events to be held at Dataran Merdeka.”
19 August 2016
Now, Ali Tinju wants to hold #TangkapMO1 counter-rally
Mohd Ali Baharom, better known as Ali Tinju, has vowed to hold a counter-rally when the #TangkapMO1 protest take place on Aug 27.
This was after Sungai Besar Umno chief Jamal Md Yunos also pledged to hold a counter-rally if another similar protest, Bersih 5, goes ahead.
Both Mohd Ali and Jamal were part of the red shirt movement which organised a counter-rally to Bersih 4 last year but have since split after a falling-out.
Mohd Ali, who now leads Pertubuhan Pembela Nasib Melayu Malaysia, said his counter-protest would take place at the same venue as the #TangkapMO1 rally, at Dataran Merdeka.
He said he hoped police would not stop them as the authorities should instead take action against the organisers of #TangkapMO1.
“The police have no right not to allow my rally. It is not that I want to hold a rally but we just want to protest against the (#TangkapMO1) gathering that will be held on that day,” he told a press conference in Kuala Lumpur today.
14 August 2016
Pakatan Youth pledges support for ‘TangkapMO1’ rally
Opposition coalition to call out its youth wing members to support university students’ protest rally on Aug 27.
PETALING JAYA: Pakatan Harapan Youth has urged the authorities to allow university students and young Malaysians to take part in a “Tangkap MO1” rally planned for August 27.
Mohd Sany Hamzan, head of Amanah Youth, reminded the authorities that student voices should not only be heard, but be taken seriously by leaders.
“The voice of the students is a form of the independent third force that is free of any political influence. It is imperative that their views aren’t only heard, but heeded as advice for leaders.”
Reading out a press statement, Sany said that the youth wings of the Opposition coalition would pledge their full support for the rally at the end of the month.
11 August 2016
10 August 2016
27 Ogos @ 2pm — Jom turun bersama-sama &
#TangkapMO1 @ Sogo atau Masjid Negara.
Rallies demanding the government reveal who is ‘Malaysian Official 1’ will take place in Kota Kinabalu and Johor Bahru as well, in addition to Kuala Lumpur.
The rallies, to be held at the end of the month, are aiming at gathering some 20,000 people.
#TangkapMO1 coalition spokesperson Anis Syafiqah Md Yusof said the purpose of the rallies is to call on the government to reveal the identity of Malaysian Official 1, and bring him to justice.
She said the rallies are also to urge the police and the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) to act independently in performing their duties.
“Apart from holding a rally in Kuala Lumpur on Aug 27, the #TangkapMO1 coalition has received commitments from fellow youths and student activists from Sabah who want to organise their own #TangkapMO1 rally in Kota Kinabalu at the same day and time.
“In addition to Sabah, fellow activists in Johor will also be holding a peaceful rally in Johor Bahru on Aug 13 as part of the run-up to the main rally on Aug 27,” she told a press conference in Kuala Lumpur today.
She said the rally in Kuala Lumpur would start at 2pm outside the Sogo shopping centre and the National Mosque, and then depart for Dataran Merdeka.
Prior to that however, a series of ceramah will be held to explain the 1MDB issue to the masses.
The talks would kick off in Johor and Kelantan on Aug 13, followed by Perak on Aug 20, and other places such as Penang, Pahang, and Kedah.