Summary of PM Announcement on MCO @ Labour Day
- Opening of economic sectors with strict SOP in place from 4th May 2020. Almost all economic sectors will be allowed to operate subject to T&C and SOP.
Exclusions: Activities/business with a lot of gatherings such as cinemas, karaoke, night clubs, bazaar ramadhan, theme parks, carnivals, expo.
- RESTAURANTS allowed to be opened with space in between for social distancing. Number of people sitting in a table to be limited based on the size of the tables. Queues for paying needs to follow social distancing (1m distance). Hand sanitizers to be provided at payment counters. Temperatures of customers can be scanned prior to entrance. Name and phone numbers of restaurant customers to be recorded for future contact tracing. Same applies for food trucks.
- Sports activities with body contact are not allowed. Including football, rugby, swimming in public areas, indoor sports. Outdoor activities without body contact is allowed such as badminton, jogging, tennis, golf, and small groups of running below 10 with the condition that you
- Social activities such as kenduri, parties, rumah terbuka, concerts and monthly gatherings and all forms of gatherings are NOT allowed.
- Religious activities such as berjemaah, with congregations are not allowed.
- Travelling across states is not allowed especially for those balik kampung for Hari Raya.
- All educational institutes are to remain closed.
- Other sectors not mentioned by PM are allowed to resume activities subject to social distancing, SOP’s.
- Number of people in public transport should also follow social distancing.
- Petrol stations- More hand sanitizers to be purchased.
- To avoid crowding at public transportation facilities, the government proposes staggered working hours. All users of public transport are advised to use masks.
- Employers/Companies to assess temperature of staff on a daily basis. Staff to ensure that all items are kept clean and to avoid body contact with colleague. Employers can still recommend that their staff continue to work from home, probably with alternate days in the office. Government appeals to employers to allow their staff with young kids (daycares) to give flexibility on working alternate days, etc.
- Public servants- Government recommends to work from home unless required and to have online meetings. HOD’s to focus on concept of WFH.
Quick summary –
- Almost all parts of the economy will open up in Malaysia from 4th May, provided following SOP
- Except cinema, karaoke, reflexology, theme park, bazaar Ramadan, sales carnival, exhibition, conference, clubs, sports with body contact or huge crowd (including swimming, soccer, indoor sports), concert, launch activities, large gathering, religious gathering.
- No crossing of states, except for going to work or 1-time travel. No travel back hometown during raya
- Table need to be 2 meter between each other. Seating within table is 50% of seats. Table of 4 now can seat 2 people.
- Have distance when people want to pay. Provide hand sanitizer. Workers at restaurants to wear face mask. Check temperature of workers.
- This weekend can go to prepare for reopen shops/offices
- Staggered working hours for office, so not to crowd public transportation
- Mask and hand sanitizer is encouraged for those taking public transport
- Office needs to check temperature each day and provide hand sanitizer. If high temperature, to get staff to go to clinic.