Ipoh New Town Police Station: Policewoman points gun at policeman in quarrel!



IPOH, Feb 19 — Perak Police are investigating the war of words between two police officers on duty, which allegedly ended only when one pointed a pistol at the other, at the Pekan Baru Police station here yesterday.

Perak Police chief Datuk Razarudin Husain said the case is being investigated by both the Criminal Investigation Department and the Integrity and Standard Compliance Department (JIPS).

“We are investigating and gathering information from eyewitnesses to ascertain whether or not such (gun-pointing) incident took place.

“What we know is that both were on duty yesterday and are still working,” he told reporters when met after the Perak Police Contingent’s monthly assembly here today.

It is learnt that in the 5pm incident yesterday, a war of words broke out between a policewoman and a policeman at the station before she drew out her pistol and pointed it at him.

Razarudin said police will not compromise any misconduct of its personnel, including drug abuse, hence the regular examination and urine test conducted by JIPS and the Narcotic Crime Investigation Department.

“We have also carried out the weekly operation to combat gambling and vice activities in all our districts as we don’t want to be accused of being corrupt. We have to uphold and make apparent of our integrity at all time. That’s important,” he added. — Bernama




  • Wednesday, 19 Feb 202010:52 AM MYTBy IVAN LOH

    IPOH: A police lance corporal is alleged to have drawn and pointed her pistol at a colleague following a heated argument at the Pekan Baru police station here.

    It is learned that the lance corporal, 33, was arguing with a 35-year-old police corporal at about 5.10pm on Monday (Feb 17).

    The incident, said to have taken place at the report counter in the police station, was witnessed by two other policemen, one of whom took the gun away from the lance corporal.

    When met after the monthly state police contingent gathering here, Perak police chief Comm Datuk Razarudin Husain confirmed the incident, adding that it was due to a misunderstanding.

    He added that an internal investigation was ongoing and both police personnel involved were still on duty.



    This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

    Leave a Reply

    Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

    WordPress.com Logo

    You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

    Google photo

    You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

    Twitter picture

    You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

    Facebook photo

    You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

    Connecting to %s