No, there will be no Sodomy 3.0. Not this time anyway…

..

..

..

AGC: Yusoff Rawther-Anwar case closed, no prosecution

KUALA LUMPUR (Jan 14): The Attorney-General’s Chambers says it has decided not to prosecute anyone in the alleged attempted modesty outrage case involving former research assistant Muhammad Yusoff Rawther and PKR president Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim, due to insufficient evidence and contradiction of material facts.

The decision is also in agreement with the Royal Malaysia Police’s (PDRM’s) recommendation that the case be closed, said Solicitor-General Datuk Engku Nor Faizah Engku Atek in a statement today.

“Upon careful evaluation of all the evidence gathered in the Investigation Papers submitted by the PDRM, we found contradictions of material facts which could not support the prosecution of any person under section 354 of the Penal Code, or for that matter under any other section of the Code,” said Engku Nor Faizah.

Section 354 of the Penal Code refers to assault or use of criminal force on a person with intent to outrage modesty.

“We also found there is insufficient evidence to prosecute on the reports lodged based on the evidence available in the investigation papers,” she added.

Having said that, Nor Faizah noted that investigations may be reopened if and when new evidence becomes available, which is a standard practice.

She also noted that Attorney-General Tan Sri Tommy Thomas has, right from the outset, recused himself from all deliberations regarding the case due to his association with Anwar since the mid-1990s, and has not been involved in any deliberations after that.

“This is consistent with the statement in the joint press release dated Aug 2, 2018 by me and the then solicitor-general II in relation to the role of the attorney-general on matters in which he may be previously involved. Thus a team of deputy public prosecutors under my supervision were entrusted to evaluate the evidence and to make any decision thereon,” Nor Faizah said.

https://www.theedgemarkets.com/article/agc-yusoff-rawtheranwar-case-closed-no-prosecution#.Xh2WQ2ytO2Q.twitter

..

Cops checking on Anwar’s whereabouts on Oct 2 last year

KUALA LUMPUR: Police say investigations are continuing into a sexual assault complaint against PKR chief Anwar Ibrahim by Muhammed Yusoff Rawther, including obtaining details on Anwar’s whereabouts at the time the alleged incident took place.

Inspector-General of Police Abdul Hamid Bador said the police were also mindful that Oct 2, 2018, the date given by Yusoff in his statutory declaration, was during the campaign for the Port Dickson by-election.

“We are trying to establish. Some say he was at (location) A, some say he was at B. Now police will try to determine where and when,” he told reporters in Bukit Aman today.

Anwar won the Port Dickson seat to make a parliamentary comeback some five months after he was granted a royal pardon for his sodomy conviction in 2015.

Last week, Bukit Aman carried out a polygraph test on Yusoff, who has been called three times by police since his report lodged on Dec 4.

Hamid said the polygraph test was not intended for use as evidence, only to guide police on how to approach the probe.

“If he tells the truth, we will double our efforts to improve any weakness (in investigations),” he said.

He added however that police have yet to obtain the results of the polygraph test.

Anwar has denied the latest allegations against him.

The PKR chief was called to Bukit Aman, after which investigators followed him to his Bukit Segambut home.

Police have placed the probe under Section 354 of the Penal Code, which deals with using criminal force to outrage a person’s modesty.

https://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/category/nation/2019/12/23/cops-checking-on-anwars-whereabouts-on-oct-2-last-year/

..

..

Why is Dr Mahathir’s favourite lawyer involved? If he is…

FMT

FMT Reporters

zzzanwar.jpg

KUALA LUMPUR: PKR president Anwar Ibrahim today spent about two hours at the Bukit Aman police headquarters, before police accompanied him to his home in Bukit Segambut, as part of an investigation into a sexual misconduct complaint against him.

Anwar, who was accompanied by his lawyer Ramkarpal Singh, said he has given his full cooperation to police in an hour-long session.

“Throughout the process, I have provided facts and given my full cooperation to the police,” Anwar said in a statement, adding that police personnel had acted professionally.

Bukit Aman’s Classified Criminal Investigation Unit this week launched a probe under Section 354 of the Penal Code, based on a police report lodged by Muhammed Yusoff Rawther on Dec 7.

Section 354 pertains to the use of criminal force to outrage a person’s modesty.

Yusoff, a former research assistant at Anwar’s office, was summoned twice to Bukit Aman accompanied by his lawyer Haniff Khatri Abdulla.

In his police report, Yusoff attached a statutory declaration, in which he claimed that Anwar had attempted to sexually assault him at his private residence in Bukit Segambut, Kuala Lumpur.

Anwar has strongly denied the claim, calling it baseless and politically motivated.

https://www.msn.com/en-my/news/national/cops-visit-anwars-house-after-session-in-bukit-aman/ar-AAK3pWY?li=BBr8Hnu

..

Yusoff Rawther arrives with lawyer Haniff as Bukit Aman begins probe involving Anwar

KUALA LUMPUR: Muhammed Yusoff Rawther, the man at the centre of the latest allegations of sexual misconduct against PKR president Anwar Ibrahim, was today accompanied by lawyer Mohamed Haniff Khatri Abdulla as they arrived to record a statement at the Bukit Aman police headquarters.This comes two days after the 26-year-old, who worked as a research assistant at Anwar’s office, lodged a police report in which he attached a statutory declaration detailing an incident that took place in October last year.

Bukit Aman’s Classified Criminal Investigation Unit (D5) is investigating Yusoff’s allegations.

Earlier this year, Yusoff, the grandson of late prominent activist SM Mohamed Idris, had claimed he was assaulted by Anwar’s political secretary, Farhash Wafa Salvador Rizal Mubarak.

Farhash has denied the accusations, but Yusoff has since slapped a civil suit against Farhash.

At a press conference last week streamed on Facebook Live, Yusoff claimed that a senior politician had committed a crime against him which he described as “un-Islamic, vile, insidious and morally repugnant”.

A statutory declaration detailing an incident that allegedly took place at Anwar’s private residence in Bukit Segambut was soon leaked on social media.

https://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/category/nation/2019/12/09/yusoff-rawther-arrives-with-lawyer-haniff-as-bukit-aman-begins-probe-involving-anwar/

..

 

Bukit Aman to take over case involving Anwar’s ex-staff?

.

 

KUALA LUMPUR: Police at Bukit Aman have taken over investigations into shocking allegations of moral misconduct by a former staff of Anwar Ibrahim, FMT has learnt.

This comes a day after Muhammed Yusoff Rawther filed a police report against the PKR supremo at the Sentul police district headquarters accompanied by a statutory declaration.

When contacted, a police spokesman declined to confirm if the allegations by Yusoff were now under Bukit Aman.

Yusoff, meanwhile, declined to comment.

But any involvement of Bukit Aman would mean that police were treating the case with “utmost seriousness”, a highly placed source told FMT.

“It could but not necessarily involve Bukit Aman’s D5, which means cops are treating it as a no-nonsense case,” the source said.

D5 refers to Bukit Aman’s Classified Criminal Investigation Unit.

Yusoff, 26, was a research assistant at Anwar’s office in Petaling Jaya until earlier this year, when he claimed he was assaulted by the Port Dickson MP’s political secretary, Farhash Wafa Salvador Rizal Mubarak. Farhash has denied the accusations, but Yusoff has since slapped a civil suit against Farhash.

At a press conference last week streamed on Facebook Live, Yusoff claimed that a senior politician had committed a crime against him which he described as “un-Islamic, vile, insidious and morally repugnant”.

A statutory declaration detailing an incident that allegedly took place at Anwar’s private residence in Bukit Segambut was soon leaked on social media.

Anwar has dismissed the claims in the SD, saying they were a ploy to tarnish his reputation. His lawyer Ramkarpal Singh had also issued a seven-day notice of demand for Yusoff to retract his claim.

In his police report yesterday, Yusoff said he has been threatened by certain parties after he held the press conference.

https://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/category/nation/2019/12/08/bukit-aman-to-take-over-case-involving-anwars-ex-staff/

..

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s