Cuomo is under intense pressure after two women came forward over the past few days accusing him of sexual harassment. He has initiated an inquiry into the allegations, asking state attorney general Letitia James to pick someone to head the inquiry.
Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez called on the state Legislature to investigate the “extraordinarily serious” sexual harassment accusations leveled against Gov. Andrew Cuomo by a former staffer, Lindsey Boylan.
During an interview with DC reporters in the Capitol Thursday, AOC described the accusations as “extraordinarily serious” and said alleged victims “deserve to be heard.”
She said the “process for hearing this allegation falls squarely in the state legislature.”
Ex-Cuomo Aide Tells CBS She Was ‘Groomed’ for Sex
By Eric Mack | Thursday, 04 March 2021 03:01 PM
Charlotte Bennett, 25, a former executive assistant to Gov. Andrew Cuomo, is making her first televised allegations, saying she believes she was being “groomed” for sex.
Bennett’s exclusive interview with Norah O’Donnell on “CBS Evening News” is set to air Thursday.
In a preview posted on Twitter, O’Donnell details how Bennett repeats the claims that Cuomo, 63, “asked her about her sex life” and whether “she had sex with older men” and “told her he was lonely.”
Also, O’Donnell said, Bennett “talks about how she believes that Gov. Cuomo groomed her.
“Ms. Bennett’s concerns were treated with sensitivity and respect and in accordance with applicable law and policy,” Cuomo adviser Beth Garvey said in a statement, according to the New York Post. “She was consulted regarding the resolution, and expressed satisfaction and appreciation for the way in which it was handled.”
Bennett lawyer Debra Katz says the allegations have “derailed her career.”
Bennett left the $55,000-a-year job in the Cuomo administration in November, per the Post.
“I understood that the governor wanted to sleep with me, and felt horribly uncomfortable and scared,” Bennett has claimed, per the report.
Ready to pounce? Andrew Cuomo was seen getting up close and personal with his newlywed top aide during 2016 dinner: Photos emerge as embattled governor faces sexual misconduct claims from female employees
- Photos taken in September 2016 appear to show New York Governor Andrew Cuomo, 63, getting cozy with his closest aide Melissa DeRosa, 38, at dinner
- The photos obtained by DailyMail.com show the pair seated closely, with one source saying Cuomo appeared to touch her thigh at the Knickerbocker Bar & Grill in downtown Manhattan
- DeRosa, the aide who admitted his administration had underreported the number of nursing home deaths, had married former Cuomo spokesman Matthew Wing just 12 days earlier
- At the time Cuomo was in a long-term relationship with celebrity chef Sandra Lee and they were living together in her sprawling home in Mt. Kisco, New York
- An eyewitness who snapped the photos tells DailyMail.com: ‘He was quite brazen about it. It was all in public view in a restaurant’
- The photos may pile further pressure on the governor who has been accused of sexual harassment by two women over the past week
- DeRosa said in a statement to DailyMail.com, ‘The Governor and I have never had an intimate relationship. The Governor and I have been close friends and colleagues for over ten years’
- Cuomo’s former executive assistant Charlotte Bennett accused him of making it clear he wanted to sleep with her even though she is nearly 40 years younger than him
- The Governor was also accused by ex-aide Lindsey Boylan of attempting to kiss her inside his Albany office and asking her to play strip poker on his plane
PUBLISHED: 22:39 GMT, 1 March 2021 | UPDATED: 07:08 GMT, 2 March 2021
New York’s embattled governor Andrew Cuomo‘s women issue may have gotten worse today when pictures emerged of him appearing to get cozy with his closest aide – the woman who admitted his administration had downplayed the number of nursing home COVID deaths – less than two weeks after she got married.
‘He was quite brazen about it. It was all in public view in a restaurant,’ said an eyewitness who snapped pictures of Andrew Cuomo and Melissa DeRosa as they finished dinner in New York City in 2016. DailyMail.com has now obtained those pictures.
The new photos may pile further pressure on the governor who has been accused of sexual harassment by two women over the past week.
The pictures show Cuomo, now 63, and DeRosa, 38, in the Knickerbocker Bar & Grill in Lower Manhattan on September 8, 2016. DeRosa had married former Cuomo spokesman Matthew Wing just 12 days earlier on August 27.
DeRosa said in a statement to DailyMail.com, ‘There have been misogynistic rumors in Albany and in government for years but I never thought I’d have to respond to them in the press. The Governor and I have never had an intimate relationship. The Governor and I have been close friends and colleagues for over ten years – we’ve had countless meals together and suggestions or innuendo around that is inappropriate, offensive and wrong.’