Police: Myanmar SLAUGHTER HOUSE discovered! In Bukit Mertajam, Penang.

PENANG, BLOODY PEARL OF THE ORIENT?

There have been 51 murders in the state involving 33 foreigners over the past 11 months.

Update: 8 December 2014: add one more murder of a foreigner. Total murders:52. Total foreigners: 34.

The Mystery of the murdered Myanmarese. 23 in Penang so far!

The gruesome mystery of the 1 head, 3 headless bodies and numerous body parts, and another head..

ANOTHER BODY FOUND. A FOREIGNER. MYANMARESE? MURDERED, TOO?

BUTTERWORTH: A decomposed body of a foreign man wrapped in a sarong was found in the bushes near an estate in Tasek Gelugor here earlier.

In the 5.30pm find, a passer-by spotted a body along Jalan Bukit Tok Alang Jarak, after a putrid odour spread around the vicinity.

A police forensic team on site said initial investigations showed that the man could have died four days ago and was murdered elsewhere.

The team declined to say if there were any wounds on the body.

http://www.nst.com.my/node/61220

Police had earlier denied that the murders of Myanmar nationals in Penang over the past 11 months were because of communal clashes. 

On Thursday, however, State police chief Datuk Abdul Rahim Hanafi said, “We can tell from the way the victims died … it was revenge they brought here from their country. The assailants did not use firearms in their killings. They used machetes to chop their victims into pieces.”

http://www.themalaymailonline.com/malaysia/article/murderers-challenging-our-authority-penang-cops-say

Star

Tuesday December 9, 2014 MYT 7:27:17 AM

Foreigner found with throat slit

Video: Another foreigner found dead with throat slit

GEORGE TOWN: Barely a week after a house believed to be the scene of murders involving Myanmar nationals was discovered in Bukit Mertajam, another foreigner was found dead with his throat slit in Relau here.

The man, who also had slash and stab wounds on his ear, hand, abdomen and back, was found in front of a shrine near Metropolitan Park.

A schoolteacher walking to the carpark stumbled across the body at about 10am yesterday. She then alerted the police.

http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Nation/2014/12/09/Foreigner-found-with-throat-slit-Passerby-stumbles-upon-body-with-slash-and-stab-wounds-in-front-of/

Just as the police announced new leads in the murders of Myanmarese, here is another throat-slit case. Myanmarese? High likelihood.

RT : Another man found murdered in

Plainclothes police carrying remains believed to be that of a Myanmar national earlier in 2014 in Penang, Malaysia. In yet another case on Penang island, a man believed to be a foreigner was found with his throat slit and several stab wounds on his body in front of a shrine near a park. — PHOTO: THE STAR/ASIA NEWS NETWORK

Penang CID Chief Senior Assistant Commissioner Mazlan Kesah, who was gathering evidence at the scene of the latest gruesome homicide, was quoted by the Star as saying that the killing occurred between 2am and 5am on Monday. The daily said the victim was a foreigner, although police said his nationality could not be determined for now.

“Initial findings showed that there were signs of struggle and self-defence, from the wounds inflicted on the deceased,” he said.

http://www.straitstimes.com/news/asia/south-east-asia/story/another-man-found-murdered-penang-20141208

(檳城8日訊)通緝犯在廟前冷血割喉殺人!
右臂文著一條龍的疑是外勞男子(30余歲),疑遭兩名通緝犯與同黨以巴冷刀割喉及猛砍背、胸及手部致死,臥屍在檳島湖內人民公園一拿督公廟前,今早被發現后,公眾電召警方前往現場調查。
http://www.chinapress.com.my/node/583097

za

Star

Monday December 8, 2014 MYT 12:20:18 PM

Foreigner’s throat slit in Penang

GEORGE TOWN: A foreigner was found dead with his throat slit and several stab wounds on his body, in front of a deity’s shrine near a park in Relau here.

It was believed that more than one suspect was involved in the incident.

Penang CID Chief Senior Asst Comm Mazlan Kesah, who was gathering evidence at the scene, said the incident occurred between 2am and 5am Monday.

“Initial findings showed that there were signs of struggle and self-defence, from the wounds inflicted on the deceased.

http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Nation/2014/12/08/Penang-murders-foreigner/

NST

New lead found in Myanmar murders: Police

7 December 2014 @ 8:03 PM

GEORGE TOWN: Police have obtained new leads in the investigations into several Myanmar murder and dismembering cases in the state, said Penang police chief Datuk Abdul Rahim Hanafi.

He said the information obtained from questioning 17 Myanmar men had led police to find the location of a body to solve the jigsaw of heads, arms, legs and torso of two victims found dumped in several places all over Bukit Mertajam.

“A suspect admitted to murdering the victims before dismembering them and one of the torsos was found in a canal in Jalan Kampung Permatang, Sungai Bakap, near here, two weeks ago.

“So far, police have only found two heads, hands, legs and a torso of the victims. Maybe one of the victim’s body had drifted into the river or sea,” he told reporters after launching a Police Community Programme, here, today.

http://www.nst.com.my/node/60129

YAHOO! NEWS MALAYSIA

Crackdown on illegal Myanmar settlements to solve murders

PUTRAJAYA, Dec 6 ― Police will crack down on illegal settlements of Myanmar nationals in Penang where 23 of the country’s men and women have been found gruesomely killed with their bodies dismembered and dumped in isolated areas.

Newly appointed Deputy Inspector-General of Police Datuk Seri Noor Rashid Ibrahim hoped the crackdown would stop the murders and lead to solving them.

He also said federal police were ready to take over the case from the Penang police.

“Bukit Aman police will continue to monitor the investigation led by the Penang police. We are ready to take over if necessary,” he told reporters after attending the Home Ministry’s Innovation Day celebration with Minister Datuk Seri Ahmad Zahid Hamidi here yesterday.

When asked if the violence was linked to communal clashes between the Rohingya Muslims and Buddhists from Rakhine State, Myanmar, Noor Rashid said: “Memang budaya mereka macam itu (indeed their culture is such).”

In the past two weeks, state police picked up 15 Myanmar suspects in relation to the murders, including the main suspect, a man from the Arakan district in Myanmar, who admitted to killing three of his countrymen due to ethnic tensions between Muslims and Buddhists in his country.

All those arrested were men aged between 20 and 40.

Penang police believe revenge was the motive for the killings, but declined to confirm they were linked to conflicts between Myanmar’s majority Buddhist community and minority Rohingya Muslims, who have suffered persecution by the country’s ruling junta.

In September, Malay Mail highlighted the flashpoint of the violence was in Seberang Prai where Rohingya Muslims from the western Rakhine state were the main suspects in the killings.

https://my.news.yahoo.com/crackdown-illegal-myanmar-settlements-solve-murders-224100462.html

The ‘mastermind’ prayed at the same mosque every Friday.

Star

Sunday December 7, 2014 MYT 7:01:59 AM

Killer looks like ‘Sivaji The Boss’

za

Murderer with Anwar (seated) and other residents of Kampung Pisang, Machang Bubok, Bukit Mertajam are surprised to discover a killer living in their midst. (inset) Rajinikanth in the role of ‘The Boss’.

BUKIT MERTAJAM: The man believed to be the mastermind behind the brutal killings of Myanmar nationals has been described by a neighbour as looking like the main character of Sivaji The Boss, a Tamil blockbuster.

Anwar, an Indonesian, said the tenant of the “slaughterhouse”, also a Myanmar, wore sunglasses most of the time.

“He has long hair and would sometimes dress up like Indian actor Rajinikanth, who plays the main character in the movie,” he said outside his house in Kampung Pisang, Machang Bubok, yesterday.

However, Anwar, who has been living in the area for eight years, said he did not know the man nor his occupation.

“He kept mostly to himself. He only moved into the house with a woman, who could be his wife, recently,” said the 41-year-old.

“He’s always dressed neatly and is also quite courteous. He would smile at me and my friends whenever he walks by but never speaks to us,” he said.

http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Nation/2014/12/07/Killer-looks-like-Sivaji-The-Boss-Neighbour-He-is-courteous-and-looks-like-Tamil-film-star/

za

威中甘榜比桑一夜間變成恐怖“屠殺村”,鄰居紛紛開始計劃搬家。

最近鬧得人心惶惶的18宗冷血肢解及棄屍案終于水落石出,成功逮捕主謀,但在“屠殺場”附近的鄰居再也住不下去,紛紛討論搬家大計。
http://bit.ly/15WbsUM

Malay Mail Online

Murderers challenging our authority, Penang cops say

Published: December 6, 2014 06:54 AM

BUKIT MERTAJAM, Dec 6 ― Penang police see the discovery of mutilated body parts of Myanmar nationals in bags near a police station and the coffeeshop of a policeman’s wife as a challenge to their authority.

State police chief Datuk Abdul Rahim Hanafi said police were unfazed by the incidents over the last two weeks and their investigations had made progress.

“It is a very clear indication that they are challenging us. (But) let it be known that there is no let-up in our investigations into these murders and we have managed to thwart them with the arrest of 17 suspects,” he said.

“All of them are Myanmar nationals who we believed were involved in the murder of 18 people. Initial investigations revealed they entered the country illegally. We are looking into that and need more time to confirm other details.”

The latest two suspects were arrested on the island on Thursday night.

On Nov 24, a decapitated head in a black plastic bag was found on the five-foot way of the coffeeshop at Lorong Impian Ria 5, Taman Impian Ria in Alma and on Dec 1, another decapitated head and the hands of a man were found in a black plastic bag about 50m from the Machang Bubuk police station.

Police had earlier denied that the murders of Myanmar nationals in Penang over the past 11 months were because of communal clashes.

On Thursday, however, Abdul Rahim said: “We can tell from the way the victims died … it was revenge they brought here from their country. The assailants did not use firearms in their killings. They used machetes to chop their victims into pieces.”

zd

Residents are now contemplating moving out of this quaint village after finding out about the horrors that had taken place. — Picture by Malay Mail

http://www.themalaymailonline.com/malaysia/article/murderers-challenging-our-authority-penang-cops-say

Malay Mail Online

Myanmar murder suspects looked ‘innocent’, housemates say

By S. Arulldas
Published: December 6, 2014 06:50 AM

zf

Abdul Rahim (right) and his men outside the house where the murders took place. — Picture by Malay Mail

BUKIT MERTAJAM, Dec 6 ― The wife of the landlord of Kampung Pisang in Cherok To’kun could never have imagined the horror that could one day take place in one of her houses when she rented it out to a Myanmar national some four months ago.

Identifying herself as Rohaizad, 54, she told Malay Mail that the Myanmar national in his 40s and another man in his 30s, also from Myanmar, had rented two houses at the same time.

The elder Myanmar national would turn out to be the prime suspect in the gruesome murder of Myanmar nationals in Penang and he carried out his monstrous deeds in his rented house, No. 575G.

Police believe at least two people were brutally murdered and chopped up by the man, who is said to be an odd-job worker.

“They looked so innocent,” Rohaizad recalled. “We are shocked to find out about the murders.”

http://www.themalaymailonline.com/malaysia/article/myanmar-murder-suspects-looked-innocent-housemates-say

Star

Saturday December 6, 2014 MYT 9:24:20 AM

Cops find Myanmar ‘slaughterhouse’ in Bukit Mertajam

za

The rented house at Kampung Pisang, Machang Bubok in Bukit Mertajam, where the murders are believed to have taken place.

BUKIT MERTAJAM: It looks like any ordinary low-cost, single-storey house. But this little house in Machang Bubuk here has a horror story to tell. It is where Myanmar nationals were murdered and dismembered in brutal revenge killings.

Police have raided the house at Kampung Pisang, in a wooded area off the main road and have now sealed it off.

They found bloodstains in the house, although the murderers had given it a wash and had it repainted.

The killers had also returned the house key to the unsuspecting owner.

Penang police chief Senior Deputy Comm Datuk Wira Abdul Rahim Hanafi said the last two murders were believed to have taken place at the house, which was empty.

SDCP Abdul Rahim said the murder suspects were also believed to have rented another house six doors away.

They stayed there and brought their victims to the other house where they killed and dismembered them.

http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Nation/2014/12/06/Cops-find-Myanmar-slaughterhouse-in-Bukit-Mertajam/

最近在檳城鬧得人心惶惶的18宗冷血肢解案及棄屍案,檳州警方週五宣佈破案並證實是緬甸人仇殺緬甸人,同時已逮捕年近40歲主謀及16名同黨,更在大山腳甘榜比桑找到第一個案發現場,即屠殺場的……http://bit.ly/1vVf2rJ

zf

 (大山腳5日訊)緬甸外勞將家鄉仇恨帶來大馬解決,擄殺同鄉,還斬首肢解,年初至今已至少18人被殺,多人遭分屍;警方今天更揭發,一批緬甸兇徒在寧靜的馬來甘榜租賃一間單層民宅,作為殺人分屍的“地下屠宰場”!

http://www.chinapress.com.my/node/582509
詳細報導翻閱今晚/明日《中國報》

zb

———————————————————————————————-

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

4 Responses to Police: Myanmar SLAUGHTER HOUSE discovered! In Bukit Mertajam, Penang.

  1. Pingback: Myanmarese in Penang: In extreme danger! | weehingthong

  2. Pingback: In Malaysia: The Myanmarese and crime | weehingthong

  3. Pingback: More Myanmar murders: The 4 corpses dumped in Bachok, Kelantan. | weehingthong

  4. Pingback: Najib’s demonstration and unintended consequences | weehingthong

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s