30 March 2017
Movida bombers sentenced to 25 years’ jail
The Kuala Lumpur High Court here today sentenced two men to 25 years jail each for committing a terrorist act by exploding a grenade at an entertainment centre in Puchong last June, causing eight people to be injured.
Judicial Commissioner Nordin Hassan handed down the sentence on unemployed Imam Wahyudin Karjono, 21, and factory operator Jonius Ondie @Jahali, 25, after they changed their plea to guilty.
Nordin said the court regarded the case as very serious involving a terrorist group in the country as it had resulted in serious injuries to the victims.
“The aim of imposing the sentence is not just for both of you, but to give a signal to those outside there and your comrades who want to continue the struggle (of supporting violence) which they feel is correct.
“Your action had caused chaos in Malaysia which had never happened before and it must be regarded as serious by all parties,” said Nordin.
The court also sentenced Imam Wahyudin and Jonius to 10 years jail each for supporting terrorist act.
25 July 2016
Duo charged with committing terrorist act in Puchong bomb blast
A factory operator and an unemployed man were charged in the Magistrate’s Court in Petaling Jaya today with committing a terrorist act in connection with an explosion at an entertainment centre in Puchong last month.
Imam Wahyudin Karjono, 20, from Puchong, Selangor, and Jonius Ondie @Jahali, 24, from Sabah, were charged with committing the offence by hurling and exploding a hand grenade which used the ‘Fuze M213’ fuse lever, causing eight people to be injured.
The act was intended to further an ideology and threaten public order in Malaysia.
The two men, who were unrepresented, were charged with committing the offence at Movida Boulevard Sdn Bhd, Lot G2 & G3, Ground Floor, IOI Boulevard, Jalan Kenari 5, Bandar Puchong Jaya, Puchong, at 2am last June 28.
Imam Wahyudin was also charged with supporting the commission of a terrorist act by using an explosive, and action which was also intended to further an ideology and threaten public order in Malaysia, through a Telegram application on his handphone at C-4-19, Block Cempaka, Jalan Indah 1, Puchong in Petaling Jaya, between March 25 and June 28 this year.
18 July 2016
18 July 2016 | MYT 11:40 PM
More suspects nabbed in Movida blast
KUALA LUMPUR: Police have detained several more suspects linked to a grenade attack at an entertainment premises in Puchong.
Inspector-General of Police Tan Sri Khalid Abu Bakar said the suspects were in addition to 15 individuals who were detained on June 28 and July 1.
“All of them are believed to be involved in Daesh (Islamic State) activities. However, two more main suspects are still at large and police are still tracking them down,” he said without revealing the number of suspects picked up.
Police are now on a manhunt for two locals identified as Md Saifuddin Muji, 28 and Jasanizam Rosni, 33, both from Johor, as they are believed to have received orders from Malaysian Daesh terrorists in Syria to carry out the attack.
Who set off the bomb?
The Islamic State.
Did these two do it?
4 July 2016 | MYT 4:15 PM
Local IS fighter claims Movida bombing is ‘first attack on Malaysian soil’
PETALING JAYA: In the hours after the bombing at the Movida nightclub in Puchong last week, a Malaysian militant believed to be fighting in Syria wrote a chilling message on Facebook claiming “the first successful Islamic State attack on Malaysian soil”.
“Two soldiers of the caliphate in Malaysia have launched the first attack in the heart of the country, which is Kuala Lumpur, by targeting a nightclub filled with infidels using a grenade,” said the post associated with the account of one Abu Hamzah Al-Fateh.
Checks showed that the post and the account are no longer publicly available.
In a screenshot of his post, Abu Hamzah accused the nightclub of not respecting the month of Ramadan by carrying out immoral activities, urging Muslims to stay away from such places so that they would not become targets.
Immediately after last Tuesday’s incident which had left eight people injured, police had discounted the possibility that it was a terror attack.
However, after week-long investigations, Inspector-General of Police Tan Sri Khalid Abu Bakar confirmed Monday that the bombing was the first IS-linked attack in Malaysia.
He told reporters here that the attack was carried out by locals under the direct command of IS member Muhamad Wanndy Mohamad Jedi from Syria.
Khalid said 15 people had been arrested between June 28 and July 1 in connection with the attack, including the two individuals who allegedly threw the hand-grenade that caused the explosion.
By Hariz Mohd – 4 July 2016 @ 4:38 PM
Members of the pubic who have information on their whereabouts are urged to contact investigators at 016-533206 (Inspector Mohd Badri Othman) or 018-3538748 (Inspector Noorfauza Ibrahim), or the nearest police station.
Confirmed: Puchong grenade attack done by IS operative
By Hariz Mohd – 4 July 2016 @ 4:22 PM
Police investigations revealed that the blast, which left eight people injured, was carried out by two IS members, who received direct orders from a Malaysian IS leader in Syria, Muhamad Wanndy Mohamad Jedi.
Inspector-General of Police Tan Sri Khalid Abu Bakar said police have arrested two men whom police believe were responsible for carrying out the 2am attack.
They were among 15 suspected IS operatives whom police had detained following the incident. Two policemen were also among those arrested.Read More : http://www.nst.com.my/news/2016/07/156667/confirmed-puchong-grenade-attack-done-operatives
29 June 2016
Grenade attack victim slams bar owner for blaming him
‘If the attackers were after me, why didn’t they just shoot me, instead of taking the trouble to hurl a bomb?’ says Jaiseelan, threatening to sue over the false allegation.
PETALING JAYA: A victim of the Puchong grenade attack has strongly denied he was the target of culprit(s) who hurled a hand grenade at the nightspot early yesterday morning, as claimed by the owner of the nightspot.
“I have no enemies, nor a police record,” said S Jaiseelan, 32, who works as a personal driver to the CEO of a multinational corporation here. He also demanded an apology and threatened to sue the nightspot owner.
He said this in response to Movida bar owner Roger Hew’s remark yesterday alluding to Jaiseelan and his wife Bavani, as being the reason behind the attack.
Hew had posted on his Facebook page that “preliminary investigations of the incident showed that it involved two patrons, an Indian couple, who were targeted due to personal matters”. Jaiseelan said he and his wife were the only ones that fit that description at the nightspot when the attack occurred.
Hew had also claimed in his Facebook post that the attackers had thrown the “explosives” at the couple – a comment that Jaiseelan strongly disputed.
Speaking to FMT from his hospital bed, Jaiseelan said the grenade hit the head of a Chinese man who was seated two tables away from him and his wife. The Chinese man also had a woman friend sitting with him.
“What proof does the bar owner have in blaming us for the attack? I have no enemies, and you can check yourself, no police records.
“I work to make a decent living for my family. His allegations are totally baseless and irresponsible,” said Jaiseelan.
He questioned why Hew had to zero in on him and his wife, when there were many other patrons at the joint at the time of the incident, who could have been potential targets of the attackers.
The grenade hit my head, says pub customer
The grenade hit the victim on the head before falling to the ground and exploding, all within the blink of an eye.
PETALING JAYA: A pub customer in Puchong almost died in a Monday night attack when a grenade thrown at a group of customers hit him on the head before exploding.
“The grenade hit me on the head before falling to the ground, expelling smoke and then exploding,” said the 29-year-old Chinese man, according to a China Press report.
At the time, the victim was sitting outside the pub with his wife, a 30-year-old Chinese national.
He did not see from which direction the bomb came from, or what the unknown assailant who threw it, looked like.
“It all happened within the blink of an eye, from the second the grenade hit my head until it exploded. The explosion rendered me unconscious,” he said.
“When I woke up, I found myself lying on a hospital bed and injured in several parts of my body,” he said.
The man and his wife are currently in stable condition, and are being treated at Hospital Serdang.
It is understood that the attack victim, who works as a cook in Singapore and lives in Johor Bahru with his wife, was drinking with friends at the pub before heading back to Johor.
UPDATE: Malaysian police investigating Facebook post linking Puchong blast to terror cell http://bit.ly/296AirW
SUSPICIOUS FACEBOOK POST
Malaysia’s Inspector General of Police Khalid Abu Bakar later said authorities are investigating a Facebook post claiming the blast was the “first blessed attack” in Kuala Lumpur by a terror cell.
“We are still investigating,” Mr Khalid told Channel NewsAsia when asked about the posting.
Early reports from local media has said that police had ruled out terrorism but were investigating the case as “attempted murder”, suspecting it to be an attack linked to business rivalry.
However, on Tuesday afternoon, local Mandarin news outlet Sinchew posted a screenshot of a Facebook post under the account “Abu Hamzah Al-Fateh”. The account is known to be associated with a Malaysian fighting with Islamic State in Syria, but the post is not publicly visible.
Abu Hamzah reportedly wrote that two members of “junud khilafah wilayah milazia” (sic) had targeted a nightclub full of “heathens” who had not respected the Muslim holy month of Ramadan with “immoral acts”. He also urged Muslims to stay away from places like this to avoid becoming targets.
Makluman awal kejadian letupan di Pub Movida Puchong, Serdang. Maklumat pertama: Puchong repot : 7774/16 Pegawai… http://fb.me/7f9woJRfM
Premis Hiburan Dibaling Bahan Letupan
Suspek serangan di Bandar Puchong Jaya, Selangor awal pagi tadi dipercayai menggunakan bom petrol.
Dalam kejadian kira-kira jam 1.30 pagi itu, lebih 20 pengunjung dikatakan sedang leka menonton perlawanan bola sepak pertandingan Euro 2016 antara pasukan Itali dan Sepanyol di ruang tempat duduk di bahagian luar premis terbabit.
Seorang pekerja di situ yang enggan dikenali mendakwa melihat dua lelaki yang tidak dikenali membaling objek, dipercayai bom petrol, sebelum terdengar beberapa bunyi letupan.
Akibat serangan itu, lapan pengunjung termasuk wanita, cedera.
Dua daripada mangsa dilaporkan parah dan dikejarkan ke Hospital Serdang untuk rawatan lanjut.
Kesemua yang cedera dipercayai terkena serpihan kaca dan impak letupan.
Sepasukan anggota polis forensik dan Unit Anjing Pengesan (K9) tiba di lokasi kejadian untuk menjalankan siasatan kira-kira jam 4.00 pagi tadi.
Makluman awal kejadian letupan di Pub Movida Puchong, Serdang.
Puchong repot : 7774/16
Pegawai Penyiasat : ASP Nazir Bin Max( SIO Puchong )
Seksyen : Kes belum diklassfikasikan
Pengadu : Siti Hapsah Bt. Bahrom.
Tarikh/ Masa : 28/6/16 @ 0220hrs.
Lokasi : Movida Bar & Lounge, Jalan Kenari 5, Bandar Puchong Jaya, 47100 Puchong Selangor.
Jam lebih kurang 0215hrs, terima panggilan telefon dari orang awam (1)(L) Melayu bernama Ruzaini (017-3900820) bagitahu terdengar bunyi letupan di Movida Club, Jalan Kenari 5, Bandar Puchong Jaya. Pengadu telah maklum kejadian ke bilik gerakan IPD Serdang dan arahkan MPV call sign : SL1317 dan SL837 ke lokasi kejadian. Pengadu buat repot untuk maklumat pertama.
– letupan sebanyak (1) kali berlaku di luar premis
– kecederaan dialami oleh (1)(L) India, (1)(P) India, (2)(L) Cina dan (2)(P) Cina akibat terkena pecahan serpihan cermin.
– Team Unit Bom dari IPK Selangor sampai di lokasi pada jam 0350hrs setelah terima panggilan jam 0330hrs dengan kekuatan 1 pegawai x 4 anggota yg diketuai oleh Insp Nor Azmi dari IPK Selangor.
– Unit K9 sampai di lokasi 10minit kemudian.
Hasil pemeriksaan UPB IPK Selangor di tempat kejadian
-Tiada second device.
-Menjumpai safety lever (tidak jauh dari tempat lokasi mangsa lepak diruang terbuka pub) dan Ring for safety pin (di tepi higway jalan utama) dan memaklumkan pada forensik IPK Selangor bagi tujuan PBI(Post Blast Investigation).
– Ball bearing (Fragmentation ball), serpihan detonator, protective cover hand grenade tidak dapat dijumpai. Tetapi kesan ball bearing ada terdapat pada kerusi dan meja (luar) pub.
Z is Typing
28 June 2016
Pub owner disputes ‘IS behind grenade attack’ claim
A member of the self-styled Islamic State (IS) has reportedly claimed that the militant group is responsible for this morning’s grenade attack in Puchong.
However, the owner of the Movida pub at the IOI Boulevard where the attack took place, disputed that claim, saying that it was merely the result of a personal dispute involving two of its patrons.
According to Sin Chew Daily today, Syria-based Malaysian Abu Hamzah al-Fateh had issued a statement saying that the attack was perpetrated by two IS members and was in retaliation for disrespecting the holy month of Ramadan.
He urged Muslims to not engage in immoral activities to avoid being targeted.
However, the report added that the police were still verifying Abu’s claims.
Abu, whose real name is Muhamad Wanndy Muhamad Jedi, was previously identified by police as among the Malaysians who shot a video of the beheading of a person accused by the IS of being a spy.
However, Movida’s owner Roger Hew offered another perspective on the matter.
He said that a preliminary investigation of the incident showed the incident involved two patrons, an Indian couple, who were targeted due to personal matters.
“An eyewitness saw two Indian men throw an explosive at the said couple. This is an isolated case and does not in any way indicate that the attack is derived from any religion, belief or race. The said couple is stable and suffered minor injuries,” he said in a Facebook post.
Explosion: Wedding anniversary celebration turns awry for couple http://www.nst.com.my/news/2016/06/155250/explosion-wedding-anniversary-celebration-turns-awry-couple …
“I was actually with them for their wedding anniversary celebration, but left early, about thirty minutes before the explosion.
Puchong grenade attack: Business rivalry or revenge? http://www.nst.com.my/news/2016/06/155248/puchong-grenade-attack-business-rivalry-or-revenge …
By HARIZ MOHD AND HANI SHARMIRA SHAHRUDIN –
“Initial investigation revealed that suspect, or suspects, had tossed a hand grenade towards the patrons before it e
There was a bomb explosion at Movida nightclub in Puchong Jaya last night! Is ISIS planning an attack on Malaysia now!?
Eight injured in ‘hand-grenade explosion’ outside nightspot
Selangor deputy CPO Abdul Rahim Jaafar was quoted by The Star Online this morning as saying that the incident occurred about 1.30am.
Rahim also confirmed that the explosion was caused by a hand grenade and that police were searching for the person who threw it into the bar and lounge.
The police forensic unit has carried out its investigation at the site, he said.
It was reported that some 20 patrons of the establishment were watching the Euro 2016 football match between Spain and Italy when the explosion occurred.
Puchong Fire and Rescue Department chief of operations Mohd Hisam Mat Yasih said that a distress call was received about 3am.
A security guard working at the area said he saw smoke billowing from the nightspot after the explosion.
Blood stained chairs and serviettes at Movida in Puchong. Eight people reportedly injured
Who can verify this? Bomb in puchong Movida?
Makluman awal berlaku letupan disyaki bom di dpn Movida Puchong Jaya jam 3am pagi td.
Via FB: Update Berita laporan kes letupan Movida Puchong Jaya
Via FB:28 June 2016 Selangor – Makluman awal berlaku letupan disyaki bom di hadapan Movida Puchong Jaya jam 3am
8 hurt in Puchong nightspot explosion | http://buff.ly/29a1Rh6
Lapan cedera dilempar bom ketika tonton bola sepak Euro 2016 di Puchong http://bit.ly/293oSTL
28 June 2016 | MYT 7:18 AM
Eight injured in Puchong explosion
The explosion occurred at the front porch of a nightspot in IOI Boulevard, Puchong.
SERDANG: Eight people were injured in an explosion at the front porch of a nightspot in IOI Boulevard here.
Selangor deputy CPO Deputy Comm Datuk Abd Rahim Jaafar said the incident occurred at about 1.30am, Tuesday.
It is learnt that patrons of the establishment were watching a Euro 2016 football match when the explosion occured.
Puchong Fire and Rescue Department chief of operations Mohd Hisam Mat Yasih said a distress call was received at about 3am.
A staff of the nightspot said there were more than 20 patrons at the establishment, which was screening the Round of 16 match between Spain and Italy.
Polis lakukan siasatan susulan letupan disyaki bom dekat premis hiburan di IOI Boulevard, Puchong awal hari ini
Lapan cedera dalam satu kejadian letupan di sebuah pusat hiburan di Puchong awal pagi tadi. – Bomba Puchong Jaya
Bom meletup dekat pusat hiburan, mangsa parah http://dlvr.it/LgH91Y
bernamadotcom: Polis lakukan siasatan susulan letupan disyaki bom dekat premis hiburan di IOI Boulevard, Puchong a…