Domestic violence and child abuse in Malaysia

___________________________________________________________

6 June 2017

..

1

Police act on viral video of child beaten 30 times with back scratcher
.

zss.jpg

KUALA LUMPUR: Police last night arrested a woman who brutally beat a child for spilling food while having dinner.

A video of the incident was recorded by an unknown individual and has since gone viral, attracting outrage in social media.

In the video, the woman can be seen hitting a girl, who is believed to be under six years old, at least 30 times using a wooden ‘back scratcher’.

The incident happened in a house at Taman Puchong Perdana in Puchong.

In the two minute and 50 seconds video, a girl can be seen eating before a woman is heard asking the child to leave the dining table.

This happened when some of the girl’s food had spilled on the floor.

As the girl stands up, the woman immediately sets on her and starts beating her with a back scratcher mercilessly.

The girl immediately starts screaming and wailing but the woman ignores her cries to stop.

As the woman was beating the child, she can be heard saying: “No matter how many times I beat you, you do not want to eat properly. What is wrong with you?”

She can also heard saying, “Die, die. Get lost. Go and die somewhere. You don’t know how to eat.”

Once the woman stopped the beating, the crying girl was seen rubbing her body before walking to another part of the kitchen.

The woman later walks to the kitchen sink, but then goes back and starts beating the girl again.

She is also heard telling the person who recorded the incident to go ahead if “she wanted to take a picture and put it in the newspapers”.

The video ended with the woman telling the girl to go inside a room.

https://www.nst.com.my/node/246125

21 December 2015

Four-year-old boy dies of suspected abuse, mother’s boyfriend detained

By DAWN CHAN – 20 December 2015 @ 11:38 PM

KLANG: A 39-year-old man has been arrested by police at a house at Kampung Sungai Udang in Teluk Pulai on the suspicion that he had killed his girlfriend’s four-year-old son.
South Klang police chief Assistant Commissioner Azman Abdul Razak said the suspect’s sister-in-law, aged 29, had also been arrested to facilitate investigations.
Azman said it was believed that the toddler died yesterday.
It was believed the boy, whose body was found in the toilet of the house on Lorong Halimah, had been abused by the suspect.
Retweeted

إِنَّا للهِ وَإِنَّـا إِلَيْهِ رَاجِعونَ Dipercayai didera&dipukul teman lelaki ibu.

Embedded image permalink

There were bruises all over her body, including her hands and her legs, Lau said.

Star

Friday April 24, 2015 MYT 9:28:36 PM

Housewife shocked at extent of babysitter’s caning of daughter

JOHOR BARU: She had agreed for the babysitter to use the cane on her children but housewife Lau Hui Choon was shocked at the extend her daughter suffered bruises on her body.

Lau, 33, has been sending the three-year-old girl and a one-year-old son to the babysitter in Taman Sri Yaacob in Skudai here the past few days after finding out about her services online.

Lau admitted that she gave permission to the babysitter, in her 50s, to cane the children “only when really necessary.”

“I agreed that she used the cane only when it was really necessary but did not expect my child to be abused to such extreme,” she told reporters on Friday

Recalling the nightmare, Lau said she received a call from the babysitter at about 8pm on Thursday asking her to pick up her children.

“The babysitter admitted that she had caned my daughter as she was being too naughty.

“When I reached home, I scolded my daughter for not listening to the babysitter,” she said.

But when she opened the girl’s pyjamas as she was crying uncontrollably of pain, Lau was shocked at what she saw.

http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Nation/2015/04/24/mum-agreed-to-babysitter-caning-but-not-to-extend-of-bruising/

【国内】

http://www.kwongwah.com.my/news/2015/04/24/90.html
小女孩因为在沙发上小便而惨遭保姆狠心抽打,四肢布满红色伤痕,令人心疼;事后保姆反指伤痕是由母亲造成,所以拒绝道歉。
图为女孩的四肢被狠心抽打,开始出现红肿。

zq

5 hrs ·

一名67歲有戀童癖的老伯以巧克力、即食面、零錢等誘騙男童到他家看色情電影,趁男童自慰時一起拍下裸照私人收藏,有時甚至還為男童口交,至今共有……http://bit.ly/1DGwbF6

zz

ONLY 7, SHE WAS LOCKED UP, ALL ALONE, NOT FED OR GIVEN WATER, AND SHOWED SIGNS OF ABUSE.

Budak perempuan, 7, disyaki mangsa dera bapa diselamatkan di Butterworth

Butterworth: Polis selamatkan seorang kanak-kanak perempuan berusia tujuh tahun disyaki menjadi mangsa kurung dan dera bapa hasil serbuan di sebuah flat di Butterworth, 7.15 malam semalam.

Ketua Polis Daerah Seberang Perai Utara (SPU), Asisten Komisioner Abdul Rahman Ibrahim berkata, serbuan itu adalah susulan laporan diterima daripada guru kerana kanak-kanak itu tidak hadir ke sekolah selepas mendaftarkan diri Isnin lalu.

“Kami sebenarnya menyerbu dua kediaman, di premis pertama pegawai penyiasat menahan bapa mangsa, lelaki itu enggan memberikan kerjasama namun dia kemudian akur dan menunjukkan tempat anaknya dikurung.

“Premis yang berhadapan dengan kediaman bapanya itu tidak dilengkapi kemudahan api dan air dan mangsa ditinggalkan di situ seorang diri,” katanya.

Abdul Rahman berkata, ketika ditemui, kanak-kanak itu berada dalam keadaan menggeletar dan kelaparan dipercayai akibat tidak diberi makan.

http://www.hmetro.com.my/node/24220

Star

Saturday January 17, 2015 MYT 7:10:52 AM

Starving child left home alone

BUTTERWORTH: A seven-year-old girl who just started Year One in school was found starving in a locked room inside a flat.

North Seberang Prai OCPD Asst Comm Abdul Rahman Ibrahim said police freed the girl, who they found to be weak from hunger when they entered a flat in Taman Sungai Dua Utama, Sungai Dua.

They found her on Thursday evening and believe that she had gone without food for several days.

ACP Abdul Rahman said the girl asked the policemen for food as soon as she saw them.

Police had gone to the flat after a teacher at the girl’s school became concerned when she did not show up after the first day.

“At 7.30pm that day, police went to the flat and found the girl inside the room which had been locked from the outside. The flat did not have any electricity or water supply.

“She had bruises on her arms and thighs which we believe was caused by someone pinching her,” said ACP Abdul Rahman.

Child abuse: She reported her own son for beating her grandson (his son)

Borneo Post Online

Dad reported for wielding a vicious cane

Posted on November 1, 2014, Saturday

SIBU: The manageress of a company barged into the police station here last Thursday to report her son for going overboard, in whacking his 11-year-old son.

The 58-year-old told police her son inflicted bruises on the body and limbs of her grandson with a cane around 7.30pm.

She said her son had done the same thing before but never as severe as this time on Thursday evening.

“I don’t know why he has turned so aggressive towards his own son,” she told police.

http://www.theborneopost.com/2014/11/01/dad-reported-for-wielding-a-vicious-cane/

BATTERED TO DEATH BY HER HUSBAND!
He used his fists and kept punching her!

Star

Saturday November 1, 2014 MYT 3:56:50 PM

Syabu addict batters wife to death in their Puchong home

SUBANG JAYA: A cyber cafe employee allegedly beat his 25-year-old wife to death in their rented home in Taman Puchong Utama here, late Friday.

Subang Jaya OCPD ACP Yahaya Ramli said the 33-year-old suspect had earlier taken his two sons, aged six years and two months, to his brother’s home nearby, minutes before the alleged murder.

After leaving them there, the suspect told his mother he was going to look for his wife and said he wanted “to go die”.

“The concerned mother asked her son to check up on the suspect and his wife. Calls at their house went unanswered. The man then broke through the door and found his sister-in-law motionless on the floor. She was covered in bruises,” ACP Yahaya said.

The victim was pronounced dead at 12.30am Saturday.

http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Nation/2014/11/01/Man-beats-wife-to-death-in-Puchong-home/

za

(吉隆坡1日訊)年輕夫妻深夜起爭執后大打出手,吸毒丈夫狂揮肉拳,狠毆搥打妻子,最后更活活將妻子打死,2名年幼兒子目擊整個經過!http://www.chinapress.com.my/node/573723
更多詳細報導,請翻閱今晚/明日《中國報》! ..zb

一怒之下赤手空拳將妻子活活打死… http://bit.ly/1E8Yoa9

NST photo

http://www.nst.com.my/node/48451

ISN’T THIS CHILD ABUSE? ISN’T IT A CRIME?

za

光华日报 Kwong Wah Yit Poh

Star

Friday October 31, 2014 MYT 4:35:20 PM

Babysitter in child abuse case appears confused by charges

za

 39-year-old babysitter Noor Faezah Said (second right) who allegedly tied up a three-year-old boy is being taken to Butterworth Magistrate Court in Penang. Star pic by Asri Abdul Ghani / October 31, 2014

BUTTERWORTH: A babysitter pleaded guilty when she was charged with abusing a three-year-old child but when she was brought to the chambers for a second time she remained silent.

Nor Faezah Said, 39, was accused of having committed the offence at her house at Blok A-8.19, Flat Seri Pinang, here at about 10am on Tuesday.

The court assumed that she did not understand the charge clearly as she kept silent when it was read to her during the second time.

Muhammad Firdaus set bail at RM8,000 and told her to appoint a lawyer.

http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Nation/2014/10/31/Court-babysitter-confusion-charges/

Pengasuh,39, dihadap ke Mahkamah Majistret Butterworth atas tuduhan dera budak,3, yg ditemui dgn tangan & kaki diikat

Pengasuh yang didakwa atas tuduhan mendera kanak-kanak lelaki. FOTO Danial Saad

(北海31日訊)用褲帶及繩子捆綁3歲男童四肢的保母今日被控,被告在向推事表明認罪后,又改口不認罪,獲准以8000令吉保外。
被告諾法依查(39歲),是在沒有代表律師及不明白控狀內容下認罪,法庭定于1小時后判決。但當通譯員第二次唸出控狀問被告是否認罪時,被告遲疑幾分鐘,推事也向被告確認3次,被告否認有罪。

za

Star

Thursday October 30, 2014 MYT 3:13:17 PM

Babysitter who allegedly tied up three-year-old boy to be charged Friday

BUTTERWORTH: The 39-year-old babysitter who allegedly tied up a three-year-old boy and left him lying on the floor at her house will be charged in court on Friday.

North Seberang Perai OCPD Asst Comm Abdul Rahman Ibrahim said investigations have been wrapped up and papers submitted to the Deputy Public Prosecutor for further action.

http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Nation/2014/10/30/Babysitter-tied-up-boy-charge-fri/

..

Star

Woman receives rude shock during surprise visit to son’s babysitter

KEPALA BATAS: A woman who made a surprise visit to a babysitter’s house here was shocked to find her three-year-old son lying on the floor with his hands and feet bound.

According to Seberang Perai Utara police chief ACP Abdul Rahman Ibrahim, the factory worker decided to make a visit to the babysitter after finding that her son was always hungry when she picked him up.

He said the woman had been sending her son to the baby-sitter since June last year.

“The woman said she sent her son to the babysitter at 5.30am Tuesday, and made a surprise visit about five hours later.

“She found her son with his hands and feet bound and lying on the floor. At that time, only the babysitter’s 11-year-old son was at home,” he said.

http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Nation/2014/10/29/babysitter-son-hands-feet-tied/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

ISN’T THIS CHILD ABUSE? ISN’T IT A CRIME?

za

【北马】男童遭捆绑伏卧地上 保姆遭警扣查http://www.kwongwah.com.my/news/2014/10/30/20.html
三岁男童疑遭保姆虐待,遭绑手绑脚复弃伏卧在地上,涉案之39岁保姆已遭警方扣查!

Advice for a man planning to divorce his wife: don’t fall asleep in her presence.

15 July 2014

BOTH FROM MYANMAR, THEY WERE ALREADY LIVING APART. HE WANTED A DIVORCE BUT SHE REFUSED.

She came to visit him, and when he fell asleep, she sliced his private parts with a knife! He awoke with a terrible pain down there, and saw her running away, knife in hand.

Did she succeed. We are not told.

The Star, Woman attempts to slice off penis of husband seeking divorce
(http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Nation/2014/07/15/woman-slice-penis-divorce/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter)

—–

NST

Toddler tortured to death, man detained

MALACCA: A toddler was believed to have been tortured to death at her house in Bukit Katil Permai, on Thursday, after a post-mortem showed signs of abuse.
State Criminal Investigation Department chief, Assistant Commissioner Raja Shahrom Raja Abdullah said the 20-month old child, Nur Auni Darmya, was found lying unconscious by her father at their house.
“Nur Auni’s father, who works as a postman, then rushed her to the Melaka Hospital before she was pronounced dead at 5.45pm.
Police have detained a close relative…for seven days beginning Monday to assist in police investigations.

The house where the toddler was found unconscious

The Sundaily

Six-month-old baby girl in coma, babysitter arrested

KLANG (Sept 11, 2013): A six-month-old baby girl is in a coma at the Tengku Ampuan Rahimah Hospital here after being allegedly assaulted by a babysitter on Tuesday.

Nur Sofea Insyirah Mohd Sharil is in critical condition as a result of a fractured skull.

Klang (South) police chief ACP Mohamad Mat Yusop said a 28-year-old woman was arrested at 5pm today.

He said police learnt that Nur Sofea had been left in the babysitter’s care at her home in Jalan Yadi, Kampung Teluk Gadong Keci, for the past four months.

He said the child’s 28-year-old father, a postman, received a call from the babysitter on Tuesday after she noticed the child gasping for breath.

The babysitter is believed to have taken the child to the hospital.

Six-month-old baby girl in coma, babysitter arrested

The Sundaily

Five-year-old abused girl dies

IPOH (Aug 25, 2013): A five-year-old girl, suspected to have been abused by her mother, died at the Paediatric Intensive Care Unit of Hospital Permaisuri Bainun here today.

Ipoh police chief ACP Sum Chang Keong when contacted confirmed the case.

Five-year-old abused girl dies

Star

Sunday August 18, 2013 MYT 4:36:01 PM

Abused five-year-old girl continues to be on life support

IPOH: The five-year-old girl suspected of being abused by her mother continues to be on life support since she was admitted to the Raja Permaisuri Bainun Hospital here on Thursday (Aug 15).

Hospital head of paediatric department Datuk Dr Amar Singh said the child, who is being warded at the intensive care unit, has not regained consciousness or showed any signs of movement.

“When her father brought her in, she had no heartbeat and had to be resuscitated,” he told reporters during a press conference on Sunday.

Abused five-year-old girl continues to be on life support

—–

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/video/two-videos-domestic-violence-goes-163028110.html

—–

a

Star

Saturday August 17, 2013 MYT 9:05:16 PM

Police remand parents who brutally caned daughter

The parents of a suspected child abuse victim leaving the magistrate’s court in Ipoh after being remanded on Aug 16.

IPOH: The parents of a five-year-old girl, who is on life support after being brutally caned, have been remanded for three days.

On Saturday, Magistrate Rahimah Rahim issued the three-day remand order ending Monday at the magistrate’s court here.

Confirming that police had obtained a three-day remand order against the 30-year-old mother and 39-year-old father, Ipoh OCPD Asst Comm Sum Chang Keong said the case was being investigated as causing grievous hurt under Section 325 of the Penal Code.

It was reported that the girl’s father had taken her to the Raja Permaisuri Bainun Hospital here after she collapsed from high fever on Thursday.

She had visible cane marks, bruises and lacerations all over her body and head.

The girl’s condition prompted a doctor to make a report to the police at the hospital police beat, leading to the arrest of the couple at their home in Taman Wang, Menglembu here, the next day.

It is believed that the mother had caned the girl, said to be a special needs child, over her “mischievous” behaviour.

http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Nation/2013/08/17/Police-remand-parents-who-brutally-caned-daughter.aspx

Malaysiakini

Abused women can get help at crisis centre
10:52AM Aug 16, 2013

Victims of domestic violence are urged to seek treatment at One-stop Crisis Service Centres that have been set up at government hospitals throughout the country.

Penang executive councillor for health Dr Afif Bahardin said many  were not aware of the existence of this service, which was  launched in public hospitals in 1997.

“The centres provide trained personnel to deal with emergency situations related to domestic violence,” Afif said in a statement.

“Whatever the excuse, no human being should be treated with violence,”  said the Seberang Jaya assemblyperson.

He was referring to two latest cases of domestic violence – in Bukit Mertajam and in Seremban – which this week went viral on Facebook and YouTube.

In the Bukit Mertajam incident, a two-minute CCTV recording  shows a man assaulting his wife in a lift, in front of their two children.

The man has since surrendered himself to the Kuantan police and the case was classified under Section 323 of the Penal Code for voluntarily causing grievous hurt.

Abused women can get help at crisis centre

Malaysiakini

Man wanted for assaulting wife surrenders in Kuantan

The civil servant who was recorded on a closed-circuit camera (CCTV) assaulting his wife in the lift of a private hospital in Bukit Mertajam near George Town on Monday, has surrendered at the Kuantan police headquarters this evening.

NONEState CID chief SAC Mazlan Kesah said the 36-year-old man had turned himself in at 4.45pm.

Man wanted for assaulting wife surrenders in Kuantan

————————————————————————————————

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s