Does Ismail Sabri know that Genting is still open and operating even after he had ordered it closed? If he knows, what can he do about it?

..

Genting casino still open, staff worry over health being gambled

Ng Xiang Yi & Alyaa AlhadjriPublished 24 May 2021, 12:50 pmModified 3:00 pm

Genting Highlands casino is still open to punters despite Senior Minister (Security Cluster) Ismail Sabri Yaakob claiming to have ordered it shut on Friday, as employees express concern over their health and safety. 

According to a casino staff member, punters are still being served and there have been no further instructions from the management. 

“The minister has issued an order (to close) since Friday, but why are we still operating?” said the source who requested anonymity for risk of censure by the employer.

The worker said that the number of visitors at the Genting Resort was down 80 percent since the start of the nationwide movement control order (MCO) on May 12.

The part of the casino where the staff member works served around 20 people yesterday and 10 this morning.

“I did talk to some customers (yesterday). They said they could stop by here using letters issued by the International Trade and Industry Ministry (Miti).

“But those who came this morning, I believe, are our hotel’s long-term guests,” the employee added. 

According to the staff member, it was difficult to enforce physical distancing at the gambling table.

“Although staff members comply with the rules, close contacts between the customers are unavoidable during the games.

“My colleagues and I are quite worried about the infection risk but nothing has been done so far by the management. We feel scared,” the employee added. 

The source was unable to provide any photos of the gambling floor because they were constantly monitored by CCTV.

Malaysiakini has repeatedly contacted the Genting group and the Finance Ministry for comments to no avail. The Finance Ministry is the regulator for all gambling outlets.

In a text message reply to Malaysiakini, Ismail said that the National Security Council (NSC) decided during a special meeting last Friday that the casino had to close.

However, he referred Malaysiakini to the Finance Ministry on other queries.

https://www.malaysiakini.com/news/575895

..

Genting casino operations handled by MoF

By New Straits Times – May 24, 2021 @ 2:49pm

KUANTAN: The Pahang government appears to have distanced itself from commenting on the hilltop casino operations in Genting Highlands near Bentong.

According to a source, the casino comes under the purview of the Ministry of Finance (MoF), and not the state government.

“The local authorities are only responsible for issuing the premises’ business licence while MoF provides the casino licence.

“This is similar to a petrol station….the local authorities issue the business licence but the premises will comply with the directive from the Domestic Trade and Consumer Affairs Ministry in terms of operating hours, activities and volume of petrol sold,” said the source.
.

When contacted, State Tourism and Culture Committee chairman Datuk Seri Mohd Sharkar Shamsudin said the casino licence was entirely under the jurisdiction of the federal government.

It is learnt that the MoF will issue a statement on the Genting Highlands casino operations but it remains unclear if business has shut down.

On Saturday, Senior Minister (Security Cluster) Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob, was quoted saying he was unaware the casino in Genting was operating and had ordered for its closure on Friday (May 21).

https://www.nst.com.my/news/nation/2021/05/692655/genting-casino-operations-handled-mof#.YKtOGDHr_QY.twitter

..

Terkini !!! Pekerja dedah kasino Genting masih dibuka seperti biasa

May 24, 2021 1:25 pm

Kasino Genting Highlands masih beroperasi di sebalik kenyataan Menteri Kanan (Kluster Keselamatan) Ismail Sabri Yaakob bahawa dia telah mengarahkan agar ia ditutup pada Jumaat lalu.

Perkara itu menurut pekerja di kasino tersebut yang menyuarakan kebimbangan berkenaan kesihatan dan keselamatan mereka.

Seorang pekerja mendakwa perkhidmatan masih diberikan kepada pengunjung dan belum ada arahan lanjut daripada pengurusan.

“Menteri telah keluar arahan (tutup) pada Jumaat, tetapi mengapa kami masih beroperasi?” dakwa sumber yang meminta namanya dirahsiakan

Berita Penuh :https://www.malaysiakini.com/news/575896

..

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s