5 October 2017
Dr. Rais Hussin Retweeted Raja Petra Kamarudin
Looks like self proclaimed prostitute writer
@RajaPetra is on overdrive defending his paymaster Habibur Rahman ! Well paid dog I guess !
Is this allegation of the RM5 million bribe, the RM400,000 Oxford scholarship, and the budget to set up debating schools all over Malaysia for real? Did this really happen or is this story fabricated? So far the RM400,000 Oxford scholarship story appears fake so there is a chance the RM5 million bribe and budget for debating schools could be fake as well.
KUALA LUMPUR, Oct 4 — Oxford University said it did offer Syed Saddiq Abdul Rahman a postgraduate scholarship, but said the amount was not more than the £40,000 (RM224,000) it charges for his course.
The Parti Pribumi Bersatu Malaysia Youth chief previously announced that he received a RM400,000 scholarship from the British university, aside from claiming he was offered a RM5 million bribe to quit his party and leave Malaysia.
According to The Star Online, Oxford also said Syed Saddiq’s scholarship was only partial, suggesting the amount was even less that the £40,000 listed for its Masters in Public Policy course.
Syed Saddiq told the news portal later that his sponsorship was in addition to the university’s tuition fees, but declined to say who was paying for the additional items.
“In total, I received £70,000, including the scholarship from my faculty,” he was quoted as saying.
The StarVerified account @staronline
Syed Saddiq’s RM400,000 scholarship questioned
The Parti Pribumi Bersatu Malaysia (Pribumi) Youth chief claimed he was granted a scholarship worth about RM400,000 for his studies.
However, according to Oxford’s Master of Public Policy website, the course’s annual fee only comes up to £39,992 (RM224,095) for the 2017-2018 intake.
Furthermore, an Oxford University representative revealed that Syed Saddiq was only granted a partial scholarship.
Although the representative did not reveal the value of the partial scholarship, the representative said that it was less than the full cost of the course.
In a response Wednesday, Syed Saddiq said that the cost included living expenses, bringing the amount up to £56,475 (RM316,598).
“In total, I received £70,000, including the scholarship from my faculty,” he said, adding that the amount includes the cost of flight tickets and visa costs.
However, when asked who his sponsors were, he said that “information is with Oxford University”.
Parti Pribumi Bersatu Malaysia (Bersatu) Youth chief Syed Saddiq Syed Abdul Rahman insisted that the man identified as “H” is a known right-hand man of Prime Minister Najib Abdul Razak.
“He is a well-known right-hand man of the prime minister. I think that is what matters the most.
“Stop playing on technicalities,” Syed Saddiq said when contacted by Malaysiakini today.
He was responding to Najib’s aide, Tengku Sarifuddin Tengku Ahmad, who said that there was no individual befitting the description of “H,” as stated by Syed Saddiq, working for the Prime Minister’s Office.
However, when pressed on whether the man is officially employed by the Prime Minister’s Office, Syed Saddiq said he would let the police investigate the matter.
He did add that “H” is a “businessman who never comes out in the open”.
Tengku Sarifuddin’s denial is a familiar tactic, he said, as it is similar to how entrepreneur Jho Low distanced himself from 1MDB in the early days of the scandal.
“This is almost the same excuse they gave to deflect responsibility of 1MDB when it involved Jho Low.
3 October 2017
Former vice-president of Parti Pribumi Bersatu Malaysia (Bersatu) Hamidah Osman today lodged a report with the MACC over the allegation made by Bersatu youth head Syed Saddiq Syed Abdul Rahman that she was an Umno agent.
Hamidah said although it was not clearly stated, she believed the allegation was about her, and that she had reportedly tried to bribe Syed Saddiq with RM5 million.
She said the allegation by Syed Saddiq was baseless and politically-motivated.
“Although I cannot elaborate upon the advice of the MACC, I hope the investigation is conducted as soon as possible.
“I did not know of the RM5 million but in his statement, Syed Saddiq seemed to accuse me,” she told reporters after lodging the report at the Perak MACC office in Ipoh.
Read more at https://www.malaysiakini.com/news/397159#qvGUGTZSxS25dQtC.99
Final straw was threats to my family, says Armada chief
THREATS to his family were the last straw for Bersatu Youth (Armada) chief Syed Saddiq Abdul Rahman, prompting him to turn the tables on those who offered him money to leave the country before the 14th general election.
He refused to go into details about the threats and stressed they did not involve anything illegal concerning his family members.
At the risk of making more enemies, the 25-year-old founding member of Bersatu yesterday decided to expose the offer of RM5 million to leave Malaysia for a period to pursue graduate studies at Oxford, which he said was made by a senior aide of Prime Minister Najib Razak.
“They tried to get to people close to me because they know that money alone would not change my mind,” Syed Saddiq told The Malaysian Insight at the Bersatu headquarters last night.
“They threatened to expose something about my parents or my brother. It doesn’t mean that my family has done anything illegal but the threats were very personal.”
The Youth chief said his family could be embarrassed if the secret became public knowledge. But he warned that it would backfire on them if they did it.
“It’s not like I slept with anyone anyway. But it would harm my family. If they went ahead and did it, it would destroy their lives,” the law graduate said.
“How low can you go by trying to destroy one’s family to achieve political ends?”
2 October 2017
Attempt to ‘buy’ Syed Saddiq is Najib’s GE14 game plan, says Dr Mahathir
BERSATU Armada (Youth) chief Syed Saddiq Abdul Rahman is not the first to have received inducements to abandon the opposition camp, Pakatan Harapan (PH) chairman Dr Mahathir Mohamad said tonight.
“This is the work of Umno. Especially by this particular aide of Najib’s. He is the one who is always trying to buy over people,” the Bersatu chairman said, in response to request for comment on Syed Saddiq’s revelation earlier today that he was offered RM5 million to leave the party and pursue further studies.
“The offers run into the millions. But he (the aide) was mistaken if he thought Syed Saddiq could be bought over,” Dr Mahathir told The Malaysian Insight.
Dr Mahathir named the aide which The Malaysian Insight is withholding.
“It’s not just Syed Saddiq, others have received offers, too. This is the way Najib Razak wants to win the general election,” Dr Mahathir added.
PH president Dr Wan Azizah Wan Ismail also said that several PKR leaders had been offered such inducements to leave the party.
“We’ve also had similar experiences although I personally have never received such offers. But there definitely have been offers to others, even to our members of Parliament,” the PKR president and Permatang Pauh MP told The Malaysian Insight. – October 2, 2017.
Report RM5 million offer to MACC, social media users tell Syed Saddiq
MALAYSIANS on Facebook and Twitter are sceptical over Syed Saddiq Abdul Rahman’s allegation today that he was offered RM5 million to leave Bersatu.
The Bersatu Youth (Armada) chief told reporters in Kuala Lumpur that the offer came from those close to the prime minister’s office.
Many on social media are demanding for proof or this “offer”, with some chiding him for holding a press conference, instead of lodging a report with the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC).
“Report la @SPRMMalaysia bukan buat PC kata nk hapuskan corruption,” said Apai Jebat (@Jebatronlegacy) on Twitter. (Report to MACC, not hold a press conference. You said you wanted to fight corruption).
Yindian™ (@yindian5) tweeted at Syed Saddiq to name and shame the person who made the offer.
“Name that aide and shame him publicly @SyedSaddiq! That’s more honorable than just alleging it. Thanks.”
Syed Saddiq claims today’s presscon organised by those trying to bribe him to take up Oxford scholarship, not him https://buff.ly/2kfeOy1
Syed Saddiq Offered RM5 Million To Leave Pribumi And Go To Oxford? Blogger Reveals The Real Story http://ow.ly/9JSC30fz9jW
Syed Saddiq claims offered RM5m to take up Oxford scholarship
KUALA LUMPUR, Oct 2 — Parti Pribumi Bersatu Malaysia Youth chief Syed Saddiq Abdul Rahman said he will forego an Oxford University scholarship valued at RM400,000, after he was allegedly offered RM5 million to pursue this.
The former national debater said he also chose to surrender the scholarship for postgraduate studies in public policy in order to continue serving as the party’s Youth chief and raising issues of national importance.
Despite his attendance at today’s press conference, he also asserted that the event was organised by the individuals he accused of trying to bribe him to leave the country ahead of the 14th general election.
“The press conference today was not planned by me. It was planned by this group, I will get RM5 million and grants to start debate schools throughout the country.
“For that, I need to leave Malaysia and come out with open statements to attack Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad, Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin and Datuk Seri Mukhriz Mahathir,” Syed Saddiq said.
Syed Saddiq named an individual employed by Putrajaya as the person responsible, but this may not be published for legal reasons.
Aside from the alleged bribe, he further claimed that he and other former debaters have been harassed to leave politics.
Read more at http://www.themalaymailonline.com/malaysia/article/syed-saddiq-claims-offered-rm5m-to-take-up-oxford-scholarship#bZk9FGAqK1Uz8cd5.99
Syed Saddiq tolak tawaran belajar ke Universiti Oxford –
Syed Saddiq turns down Oxford; to remain in politics
Parti Pribumi Bersatu Malaysia (Bersatu) youth chief Syed Saddiq Syed Abdul Rahman today announced that he has turned down a scholarship to pursue his Master’s Degree in Public Policy at the Oxford University, to remain in politics.
Amid speculations of his resignation from Bersatu, Syed Saddiq told a press conference at Seri Pacific Hotel in Kuala Lumpur that he had only consulted his parents and close friends, and the decision was made without the knowledge of his Armada (Bersatu Youth wing) colleagues or Bersatu’s central leaders.
He also said that there was a reason for the press conference to be called at an Umno-linked hotel, alleging a conspiracy backed by unnamed party leaders out to weaken Bersatu by “threatening, or bribing” its leaders.
“I was promised if I were to hold this press conference today, I will get RM5 million cash and grants to set-up debate schools in all states,” he said, claiming that the offers had been made since December last year.
Read more at https://www.malaysiakini.com/news/396975#wpEPDjOJ3Hre3dSV.99