Baguio City Mayor wants hotel to explain why there was a celebrity party held by Tim Tap during lock down but he and his wife were present!

..

..

..

Baguio mayor Magalong tells Tim Yap ‘not to worry’ about party

By: Krissy Aguilar – Reporter / @KAguilar
INQINQUIRER.net / 11:05 AM January 27, 2021

MANILA, Philippines — No less than Baguio City Mayor Benjamin Magalong gave assurance to events host and social media personality Tim Yap that his help to local artists in Baguio and boost local tourism will be “considered” in the investigation into the party organized by Yap.

The social gathering, held at The Manor inside Camp John Hay, was heavily criticized after photos and videos surfaced showing guests not observing minimum health protocols such as physical distancing and not wearing masks. The party, coinciding with the host’s birthday, was held in the midst of a heightened alert in Baguio City over the surge of coronavirus cases.

Still, Magalong, who is also the concurrent contact tracing czar in the government’s fight against COVID-19 pandemic, said that he had told Yap “not to worry” about the probe, despite the public backlash.

“Nagusap na po kami kahapon at binanggit ko po sa kanya, I understand what happened. Everybody was just so engrossed, so engaged kaya kung minsan nakakalimutan,” Magalong said in an interview over Teleradyo when asked if he has spoken to Yap.

(We talked yesterday and I told him that I understand what happened, everybody was just so engrossed, so engaged that’s why complying with protocols was forgotten at times.)

“Sabi ko sa kanya, but don’t you worry about it. Yung tulong niyo na ginagawa sa siyudad ng Baguio for promoting, for saying good words about Baguio, doon sa aming mga artists, we’re considering all of this. Don’t you worry, we’ll have this thing investigated. Nahihiya sila e,” he added.

(But I told him, don’t you worry about it, your help in promoting Baguio City, for saying good words about Baguio, for your help to our artists, we’re considering all of this. Don’t you worry, we’ll have this thing investigated. They were embarrassed.)

Although some guests were compliant, Magalong admitted there were breaches in observing health protocols during the social gathering, which he attended with his wife. Other celebrities also attended the event, including actress KC Concepcion.

He further admitted that even his wife also removed her mask while taking photos with other guests.

In a television interview on Tuesday, Yap claimed that all the guests had tested negative for the coronavirus, as they had swab tests done.

The Department of Tourism in the Cordillera Administrative Region is also investigating the party held in Baguio City.

EDV

Read more: https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/1388785/baguio-mayor-magalong-tells-tim-yap-not-to-worry-about-party#ixzz6kiuHLR00
Follow us: @inquirerdotnet on Twitter | inquirerdotnet on Facebook

..

INQUIRER.net / 11:41 AM January 27, 2021

Events producer Tim Yap is defending his choice to throw a party in Baguio after drawing flak for hosting the event, stating that he wanted to promote local tourism.

Yap was criticized online after photos and videos from his birthday party, held at a hotel in Camp John Hay last week, circulated on Twitter. Instagram posts and Stories showed Yap and his guests without masks as they danced and posed for photos close to one another.

A probe has since been launched by the Department of Tourism Cordillera Administrative Region, with a Notice to Explain issued to the establishment.
.

Events producer Tim Yap is defending his choice to throw a party in Baguio after drawing flak for hosting the event, stating that he wanted to promote local tourism.

A probe has since been launched by the Department of Tourism Cordillera Administrative Region, with a Notice to Explain issued to the establishment.


The Baguio City Public Information Office said in a statement on Facebook today, Jan. 27: “The city government gives hotel 72 hours to explain why it should not be sanctioned over celebrity party protocol breach.”

Yap spoke to ABS-CBN News yesterday, Jan. 26, about the event, stating that he organized it to promote Baguio for local tourism. He said he and his guests tested negative for coronavirus before going up to Baguio. He claimed too that guests all had masks and that these were removed when it was time to eat, after which a traditional community dance took place.

“It was never my intention to offend anyone. I would never do anything na makaka-endanger kahit sinuman (to endanger anyone),” he said. “We are all responsible citizens of this country and all we want to do is really to help restart the economy and the push for local tourism.”

Baguio City Mayor Benjie Magalong and his wife, Arlene, were also guests at the party; one photo of them with actress KC Concepcion, who was maskless, shows the mayor wearing a mask, while his wife did not have one on.

Besides the lack of COVID-19 measures such as physical distancing and wearing a mask, some Twitter users called out Yap, who was wearing an Igorot headdress and woven fabric, for allegedly appropriating indigenous culture. Niña V. Guno /ra

Read more: https://entertainment.inquirer.net/402503/tim-yap-defends-throwing-party-in-baguio-after-being-called-out-for-breaking-covid-measures#ixzz6kispML2q
Follow us: @inquirerdotnet on Twitter | inquirerdotnet on Facebook

..

..

..

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s