To all devotees ,volunteers and donors,
It is with much regret that the Management of Anning Old Folk Home wish to inform that The Health Department has on the 14/01/2021 confirmed that there are 13 Covid-19 positive among our staff residents and staffs. Immediately all the 13 positive old folks and staffs were sent to the hospital for medical treatment and observations. During this period, we were advised and instructed by the Health Department that all old folks, staffs as well as the Anning Children’s Home which is adjacent to our building to undergo self quarantine effective on the 14th January 2021 to 20th January 2021 at our respective building at Anning Home. Hence, we are now under total lock down. The Fire and Rescue Department has also came and to perform sanitization the same day.
With this time of uncertainty, the old folks as well as the Children of Anning now need more than ever that you and the public’s understanding and continuous support. The public can support us through online donations during this period of quarantine. Once again, we would like to express our heartfelt gratitude as in always towards your kind support.
May all be blessed with the best well being and good health.
Covid-19: Thirteen people at Ipoh old folks’ home test positive
By IVAN LOH
Sunday, 17 Jan 202111:32 AM MYT
IPOH: A total of 13 people have tested positive for Covid-19 at an old folk’s home here.
Anning Old Folks’ Home chairman Marcus How Kok Peng said a check by the Perak Health Department found that seven senior citizens and six employees were confirmed to be infected on Thursday (Jan 14).
How said it was a shock as everyone at the home had tested negative in December.
“Those infected have been picked up by the Health Department to be sent for quarantine.
“There are 36 seniors and about 20 staff here. Those tested negative have been advised to stay at the home, with the building put under lockdown until Jan 20,” he said on Sunday (Jan 17).
“The state Health Department had also arranged for the premises to be sanitised and Covid-19 tests are being carried out at our children’s home now,” he added.
How said the home had been very careful since the movement control order was implemented in March last year.
“We have closed our gates to the public since then. We only go out when the need arises, including getting medications or taking our residents to seek treatment,” he said.
How also hoped the people would donate to them as their funds were getting low.
“We rely on public donations. Our monthly expenditure comes up to about RM40,000. Having closed off our gates to the public, people are unable to donate to us,” he said.
“We would very much welcome any donations in cash and kind,” he added.