Malaysia is under Emergency rule, so of course this scaremongering message goes around again.
Viral WhatsApp Message Falsely Claims Govt Is Monitoring All Forms of Communication
On March 24, Prime Minister Narendra Modi ordered a nationwide lockdown for 21 days, barring essential services, as a preventive measure to tackle the coronavirus pandemic in India. However, misinformation related to COVID-19 is rampant.
A WhatsApp message has gone viral. It claims that the Government of India is monitoring all forms of online and telephonic communications and asked people to not forward messages related to politics or religion.
The message claims that the Centre is monitoring all forms of online and telephonic communications and asked people to not forward messages related to politics or religion.
The text reads, “From tomorrow onwards there are new communication regulations. All calls are recorded. All phone call recordings saved. WhatsApp is monitored. Twitter is monitored. Facebook is monitored All social media and forums are monitored. Inform those who do not know. Your devices are connected to ministry systems. Take care not to send unnecessary messages. Inform your children, relatives, and friends about this to take care. Don’t forward any posts or videos etc., you receive regarding politics/present situation about Government/PM, etc. Police have put out a notification termed ..Cyber Crime … and action will be taken…just don’t delete … Inform your friends & others too. Writing or forwarding any msg on any political & religious debate is an offence now….arrest without warrant… This is very serious, plz let it be known to all our groups and individual members as group admin can b in deep trouble. Take care not to send unnecessary messages. Inform everyone about this to take care. Please share it; it’s very much true. Groups, please be careful.”
On March 24, the Press Information Bureau debunked this message via Twitter. “No such thing is being done by the Government,” reads the tweet.
Fact-Check: Message Claiming New Communication Rules Implemented, Calls To Be Recorded Is Fake
- By Vishvas News
- Updated: October 9, 2020
Fake News Buster: Trending Spam/Hoax for April, 2017
Read more at:
- New communication rules for whtsap and phone calls will be implemented from tomorrow: – *
- All calls will be recorded.
- All call recordings will be saved.
- WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter and all social media will be monitored.
- Let everyone who doesn’t know know.
- Your devices will be connected to the ministry system.
- Be careful not to send the wrong message to anyone.
- Let your children, brothers, relatives, friends, acquaintances know that you should take care of them and rarely run social sites.
- Any post or video you have in front of the government or the Prime Minister on politics or the current situation … etc. Don’t send.
- Currently, it is a crime to write or send a message on any political or religious issue … Doing so can lead to arrest without a warrant.
- The police will issue a notification … then cyber crime … then action will be taken. It is very serious.
- Please all of you, group members, administrators, … please consider this topic.
- Be careful not to send the wrong message and let everyone know and take care of the subject.
- Please share this. Groups should be more aware and vigilant
- Important information about WhatsApp to group members … *
- वरील Information on WhatsApp *
- 1. ✔ = message sent *
- 2. ✔✔ = message reached *
- 3. Two blue = message * * read *
- 4. Three blue = * * Government took note of the message *
- 5. Two blue and one red ✔✔✔ = Government can take action against you *
- 6. One blue and two red = the government is checking your information *
- 7. Three red ✔✔✔ = The government has started action against you and you will get a court summons soon. *
- Be a responsible citizen and share with your friends * ..
- The important thing is to send to the next group early … *
Forward the above message