‘There’s no oxygen. Everyone in the ICU has died’— Middle East Eye (@MiddleEastEye) January 3, 2021
Shocking videos from Egypt show chaos inside two hospitals as oxygen supplies allegedly ran out, sending people into a panic and leaving at least 6 patients dead pic.twitter.com/ePk4NAfunP
Did an oxygen outage kill Covid patients in Egypt? Anger is swelling over a video clip purporting to show patients dying in a hospital after their oxygen was cut off. Govt authorities are offering a counternarrative https://t.co/bNPpZYEity— delthia ricks 🔬 (@DelthiaRicks) January 6, 2021
2) The Director of the hospital, Dr Muhammad Sami Al-Najjar, spoke claiming that the situation was normal. He denied that there was a lack of O2, claiming patients had died from natural causes, from old age or other chronic diseases.— Eric Feigl-Ding (@DrEricDing) January 5, 2021
(So the ICU deaths did happen it sounds like)
4) The cameraman's aunt, Fatima Al-Sayed Mohamed Ibrahim, 66, was among the patients being treated at the quarantine centre.— Eric Feigl-Ding (@DrEricDing) January 5, 2021
Unconfirmed reports he was being detained.
6) Article says, “Also trending was a picture of a nurse wearing her full scrubs, sitting on the floor in the corner of the unit, in shock at what was happening.”— Eric Feigl-Ding (@DrEricDing) January 5, 2021
Reports have stated that the nurse was fined for "not working during hard times."
8) “The four dead were two women in their 60s and two men, 76 and 44 years old, according to a local news outlet.”— Eric Feigl-Ding (@DrEricDing) January 5, 2021
10) Al Jazeera says: “The deaths follow similar allegations last week that two patients died because of a lack of oxygen at a government-run hospital elsewhere in the Nile Delta.— Eric Feigl-Ding (@DrEricDing) January 5, 2021
Prosecutors in Menoufiya have launched an investigation into the cause of the deaths on Friday.”
12) More on the oxygen crisis in LA hospitals. These hospitals are not alone. Oxygen supply infrastructure in hospitals are at risk. The Egypt story has credibility—it’s almost happening in the US too. https://t.co/EwtAlPmOuC— Eric Feigl-Ding (@DrEricDing) January 5, 2021
Weren’t there reports of oxygen shortage deaths in the field hospital in El Paso over the summer? They were using large tanks but were running out of them.— shannon (@topshelfshannon) January 5, 2021