Lahad Datu: No confirmation of report of 5 armed Filipinos with M16 rifles…

Sabah: Invasion at Lahad Datu
Posted on

On Feb 9, 2013, a group of Filipino militants, following Agbimuddin Kiram, who claimed himself as “crown prince of the Sulu Sultanate”, entered by boat in stages at Felda Sahabat 17, Kampong Tanduo, Lahad Datu.

The area turned into a battlefield between the country’s security forces and the Sulu invaders who claimed they wanted to regain power over Sabah on behalf of the Sulu royalty.

The incident resulted in the death of 63 militants and 10 Malaysian security forces.

http://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/category/nation/2017/05/16/cops-confirm-report-of-5-armed-men-in-lahad-datu/

17 May 2017

Claim of armed men seen in Lahad Datu not confirmed yet – CP

KOTA KINABALU: Investigations into the allegation of armed men in camouflage seen at Ladang Sawit Blok 8, Felda Sahabat 2 in Lahad Datu is ongoing, Sabah Police Commissioner Datuk Ramli Din said.

So far investigations had yet to confirm the allegation, he said when met after the Sabah Road Safety Council meeting here yesterday.

Ramli however questioned why it took the complainant two weeks to lodge the report on his alleged meeting with the five armed men.

“The complainant said he met the men on April 30 but only lodged the report on May 14. However, we, the police do not take things lightly and will investigate any such report,” he said, adding that police had gone to the area mentioned to conduct their investigations but had uncovered nothing so far.

“I would also like to warn the public not to make false reports especially when it concerns public safety. This is not a joke… don’t play around with things like this. We can arrest and charge the individual for making false reports, especially those that cause panic among the people,” he said.

Ramli cited for example a case where there was a similar report lodged but when police rushed to the scene to investigate, they found out that the person who called in with the information was drunk.

Eastern Sabah Security Command (ESSCom) commander, DCP Dato’ Wan Abdul Bari Wan Abdul Khalid also urged members of public, especially those in the Eastern Sabah Security Zone (ESSZone), not to make any speculation following the sighting of five armed men in Felda Sahabat areas.

He said police were still investigating the incident.

Wan Abdul Bari said ESSCom would continue to monitor and carry out patrols in the areas, both in waters and land to ensure the east coast of Sabah was safe.

ESSCom also encouraged members of public to convey any information or lodge immediate report in the event of any suspicious incident so that immediate action could be taken, he said.

http://www.theborneopost.com/2017/05/17/claim-of-armed-men-seen-in-lahad-datu-not-confirmed-yet-cp/

8h8 hours ago

Sabah police investigating presence of armed men in Lahad Datu via

..

16 May 2017

..

8h8 hours ago

Sabah police investigating presence of armed men in Lahad Datu

By muguntan vanar

KOTA KINABALU: Police are checking on a claim by a labourer that he had spotted five armed Filipino men in military fatigues at a plantation in Felda Sahabat 2, about 100km from the east coast Lahad Datu town.

Sabah Police Commissioner Datuk Ramli Din confirmed Monday that they were investigating the claims by the 52-year-old labourer that he came across the armed men on April 30.

However, he said that the labourer, an illegal Filipino immigrant, only lodged a report with the Cendrakasih police station at 7.30pm on Saturday (May 14).

“We are carrying out a detailed investigation based on the claims of the labourer. We take the matter seriously,” he said.

However, the police chief assured that the security across the state including east coast Sabah was under control.

The labourer alleged that he spoke to two of the men in Tagalog who claimed that they were not here to bring problems but to save the people in Sabah.

He also told police that the five men said they were part of 37 people who came to the state but had moved away from the main group.
.

Read more at http://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2017/05/15/sabah-police-investigating-presence-of–armed-men-in-lahad-datu/#qqMfq5q2TrAgqgYy.99

..

24

Cops confirm report of 5 armed men in Lahad Datu
.

zfcv.jpg

LAHAD DATU: A plantation worker lodged a police report after stumbling upon five armed men wearing camouflage pants at Block 8, Felda Sahabat 2 Oil Palm Plantation in Cenderawasih here yesterday.

Sabah Police Commissioner Ramli Din confirmed they received a police report lodged by the 52-year-old man and investigations were under way.

“”I will not underestimate the allegation and detailed investigations will be conducted. Security in the east coast of Sabah is still under control,” he said when contacted by Bernama.

It was understood that the complainant came across these five men around 6.20pm while working on the banana crops at the riverbank area at the plantation.

The gunmen who noticed the complainant asked if he was an Indonesian or a Filipino.

Upon hearing that the complainant was a Filipino, the men began to speak in Tagalog and one of them said that they had no other intention except to save people in Sabah and said 37 people have already landed on the beach.

http://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/category/nation/2017/05/16/cops-confirm-report-of-5-armed-men-in-lahad-datu/

 

Advertisements
This entry was posted in lahad datu and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Lahad Datu: No confirmation of report of 5 armed Filipinos with M16 rifles…

  1. Doris Looi says:

    M, b

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s