19 February 2019
9 February 2019
No decision yet on future of Deputy Foreign Minister Marzuki, says PM Mahathir
8 February 2019
YB Senator Dato’ Hj Marzuki bin Yahya
Timbalan Menteri Luar Negeri
YB Senator Dato’ Hj Marzuki bin Yahya
Timbalan Menteri Luar Negeri
1. Saya menyedari bahawa kelayakan akademik saya telah menjadi perbincangan umum beberapa hari kebelakangan ini.
2. Ada pihak yang mengatakan bahawa saya tidak bercakap benar kerana di Wikipedia tertulis saya mendapat pendidikan dari University of Cambridge sedangkan universiti tersebut tidak menawarkan kursus Bachelor of Business Administration in Logictics dan tidak menawarkan program pengajian secara jarak jauh.
3. Sepertimana yang kita sedia maklum, sesiapa sahaja boleh memasukkan maklumat ke dalam laman web Wikipedia. Ianya juga boleh diedit oleh sesiapa sahaja pada bila-bila masa. Sejujurnya saya tidak pernah memasukkan apa-apa maklumat berkaitan pendidikan saya di dalam Wikipedia. Saya juga tidak pernah mengarahkan sesiapa untuk melakukannya. Bahkan, ketika ditanya oleh media sebelum ini, saya telah menyatakan dengan jelas bahawa saya mendapat kelulusan dari Cambridge International University (CIU) di Amerika Syarikat dan bukannya University of Cambridge.
4. Saya langsung tidak pernah berniat untuk menggambarkan seolah-olah saya mendapat pendidikan di University of Cambridge. Saya memulakan pengajian jarak jauh bersama CIU pada sekitar tahun 2002, iaitu 17 tahun dahulu. Ketika itu saya sedang berkhidmat sebagai Ketua Pegawai Eksekutif (CEO) syarikat perkapalan dan lojistik milik sendiri di Pulau Pinang. Seikhlasnya, niat saya ketika itu ialah untuk menimba ilmu kontemporari dan terkini mengenai industri perkapalan dan lojistik di negara maju, termasuklah di Amerika Syarikat. Harapan saya ialah agar ilmu yang diperolehi akan dapat membantu mengembang dan memajukan perniagaan perkapalan yang saya usahakan.
5. Sewaktu mengikuti pengajian, selain beberapa subjek asas, saya mengambil subjek-subjek yang berkaitan dengan bidang perkapalan dan lojistik iaitu Pengurusan Lojistik I; Pengurusan Lojistik II; Pegurusan Kawalan Stok; Pengurusan Rantaian Bekalan dan; Pengurusan Strategik. Saya sertakan transkrip dari CIU untuk rujukan. Semasa mengikuti pengajian, saya menyiapkan tugasan-tugasan untuk subjek-subjek yang diambil sepertimana yang diminta oleh universiti.
6. Sewaktu saya memulakan kursus pada sekitar tahun 2002 dan mendapat kelulusan pada tahun 2005, masyarakat Malaysia dan juga masyarakat dunia masih belum membincangkan tentang akreditasi universiti secara meluas. Bahkan, pada ketika itu masih belum ada sistem ranking universiti yang terkenal dan tersusun seperti pada hari ini. Pada masa itu juga masih belum ada senarai universiti yang dikatakan sebagai “bogus university”.
7. Oleh itu, apabila mengetahui mengenai kursus yang ditawarkan oleh CIU yang berkaitan dengan bidang perniagaan yang saya ceburi, saya mendaftarkan diri tanpa memberikan penekanan kepada aspek akreditasi kursus yang ditawarkan.
8. Sejujur dan seikhlasnya saya tidak pernah berniat untuk menggunakan kelayakan akademik yang ada bagi mengelirukan sesiapa. Ini kerana niat asal pengajian saya 17 tahun dahulu adalah untuk menimba ilmu dalam bidang perniagaan yang saya ceburi. Ketika itu tidak pernah terlintas di hati saya bahawa suatu hari nanti saya akan berada pada kedudukan hari ini sebagai seorang anggota pentadbiran kerajaan.
9. Saya berharap agar penjelasan ini dapat meleraikan kekeliruan yang ada. Dengan ini juga, saya menyerahkan kedudukan saya sebagai Timbalan Menteri Luar Negeri dan Setiausaha Agung Bersatu kepada YAB Perdana Menteri dan kepimpinan parti.
YB Senator Dato’ Hj Marzuki bin Yahya
8 Februari 2019
1. I realize that my academic qualification has been a general discussion of a few days lately.
2. There is a side that says that I do not speak true because in Wikipedia written I got education from the university of Cambridge while the university did not offer the bachelor course of business I in logictics and did not offer a study program long distance.
3. As we are ready to be informed, anyone can enter the information into the Wikipedia website. It can also be edited by anyone at any time. Honestly I never entered any information related to my education in Wikipedia. I also never ordered anyone to do it. In fact, when asked by the previous media, I have stated clearly that I got approval from Cambridge International University (Ciu) in the United States instead of the university of Cambridge.
4. I live never intend to describe as if i got education at the university of Cambridge. I started a long distance study with ciu around 2002, that was 17 years ago. At that time I was serving as Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the delivery company and lojistik belongs to his own in Penang. Sincerely, my intention when it is to gain contemporary and latest knowledge on the delivery industry and lojistik in the country forward, including in the United States. My hope is so that the knowledge that is earned will be able to help inflate and advance the shipping business I earn.
5. While following studies, in addition to some basic subjects, I take subjects related to the field of delivery and lojistik that is the management of lojistik I; Management Lojistik II; pegurusan stock control; supply chain management and; strategic management. I include a transcript from ciu for reference. While following studies, I completed the assignment for the subject taken as requested by the university.
6. As I started the course around 2002 and got approval in 2005, the Malaysian society and also the world society still has not discussed about the accreditation of the university widely. In fact, at that time there is still not a famous and organized university ranking system as in the day. At that time also still haven’t had a list of university that was said as “Bogus University”.
7. Therefore, when knowing about the course offered by ciu related to the field of business I dijohor, I registered myself without giving emphasis to the accreditation aspects of the course offered.
8. Honest and sincerely I never intend to use the academic qualifications that there is to confuse anyone. This is because of the original intention of my studies 17 years ago is to gain knowledge in the field of business I dijohor. When it was never to in my heart that someday I will be on the position today as a member of the government administration.
9. I hope that this explanation can resolving the confusion that is. With this too, I surrender my position as Deputy Minister of foreign and General Secretary United to yab prime minister and party leadership.
YB Senator Dato ‘ Hj Marzuki Bin Yahya
February 8, 2019
7 February 2019
Umno calls for Malaysia’s deputy foreign minister Marzuki to resign over his ‘Cambridge degree’
PETALING JAYA (THE STAR/ASIA NEWS NETWORK) – Umno leaders are calling for the resignation of Malaysia’s Deputy Foreign Minister Marzuki Yahya following claims that his business administration degree came from a degree mill.
However, Mr Marzuki’s comrades at Parti Pribumi Bersatu Malaysia (Bersatu) have come to his defence.
Umno deputy president Datuk Seri Mohamad Hassan said the deputy minister should resign “if he has any dignity” while the opposition Malay party youth chief Datuk Dr Asyraf Wajdi Dusuki said the issue is about integrity.
“It is not about whether a degree is required to be a politician but it is about integrity. How do you (Marzuki) deceive the people with a fake degree and then claim you are fighting against corruption and propagating good governance and ethics?” said Mr Asyraf.
The two leaders were commenting on reports that Mr Marzuki had obtained his degree from the dubious US-based Cambridge International University.
Mr Marzuki, who previously said he had a degree from the University of Cambridge in the United Kingdom via a distance learning programme, admitted on Wednesday (Feb 6) that his degree was actually from Cambridge International University.
Cambridge International University is not affiliated with University of Cambridge.
Since that admission, the institution has come under intense scrutiny and increasing suspicion that it is a “diploma mill” that awards degrees with little or no study.
“I think they (my critics) misunderstood (my credentials). I (studied) at the Cambridge International University in the United States,” he was reported as saying by Malaysiakini.
“I was doing logistics (before joining politics). So I just took that certificate for my knowledge to expand my business. As CEO of the company, I want to expand my knowledge and my business,” he told the news portal.
Cambridge International University admits on its website that it is not accredited.
Amid the furore, Mr Marzuki’s comrades have come to his defence.
Bersatu supreme council member Tariq Ismail said the Deputy Foreign Minister should not be judged solely on his allegedly fake degree, and while this was a stigma, at least he did not rape or steal.
“From his humility and hard work, I’d hire the one from fake Cambridge. The real Cambridge, I’d throw them in the river because they think they own the world and the world has to continuously chase them.
“People should look for dedication and teamwork. He’s not going to be CEO of Goldman Sachs, BP or Felda, or resuscitate Enron. All those people who headed those companies had degrees but were crooks who stole.
“A degree is just a piece of paper that gets you into the workplace. The rest is up to you. Having a dubious degree or not having graduated can be a stigma, but as long as people don’t rape or steal, it is fine,” said Mr Tariq.
He added that he had to opt out of his degree course in London South Bank University due to the Asian financial crisis in the 1990s.
“So, I know the stigma,” added Mr Tariq.
Bersatu deputy president Datuk Seri Mukhriz Mahathir said Mr Marzuki was not appointed to his deputy minister post because of his paper qualification.
A bigger hole to cover a smaller hole ! Did you really study or buy the degree?
Now, deputy minister says he studied at ‘another Cambridge’
PETALING JAYA: A deputy minister who had a police report lodged against him over his qualifications as a Cambridge University graduate has clarified that he studied at a US-based institution of the same name.
Deputy Foreign Minister Marzuki Yahya told Malaysiakini that critics of his academic qualifications likely “misunderstood” his credentials and said he is an alumnus of the Cambridge International University.
“I was doing logistics (before joining politics). So, I just took that certificate for my knowledge to expand my business.
“As CEO of the company, I wanted to expand my knowledge and my business,” he reportedly said.
His Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration is one of the 150 courses offered at the Cambridge International University.
Previously, political activist Muhsin Abdul Latheef lodged a police report after reading a Facebook post questioning the legitimacy of Marzuki’s Cambridge University degree.
He said the Facebook post showed the Wikipedia page of the PPBM secretary-general claiming to have obtained the degree from Cambridge via “long distance learning”.
Muhsin said the author of the Facebook post, “Zulfahan Pagon”, had checked online and found that Cambridge does not offer degree programmes via “long distance learning”.
Marzuki later said he viewed Mushin’s police report as part of a smear campaign by certain parties who are against him, adding that this “kind of mudslinging and baseless accusations” are a given in politics.
Checks on the US’ Cambridge International University website, meanwhile, show that it does offer distance learning but these are “unique, non-traditional and not accredited by the US Department of Education”.
“Non-traditional programs are important because they recognise knowledge gained outside the classroom and incorporate a broader more comprehensive view of the learning experience.
“It is precisely this recognition and view that challenges the established academic community,” the website reads.
Malaysiakini also quoted Marzuki as reiterating his stance that he would give evidence of his academic qualifications to the police once he is called in for questioning.
He also took offence at a series of edits to his Wikipedia page, saying whoever who did it has “evil intentions”, Malaysiakini reported in a separate article posted tonight.
Deputy Foreign Minister Marzuki Yahya has clarified that his degree in business administration is from the US-based Cambridge International University, and not the University of Cambridge in the UK. kinitv.com/video/70298O8
What a joke & smell of kantoiness. 5/2 – Deputy Foreign Minister Marzuki Yahya said he would produce proof he had a degree from University of Cambridge. 6/2 – Marzuki said that his degree was from US-based Cambridge International University.
14 June 2018
Hope the PH leadership can look into the serious allegation that Perak MB Ahmad Faizal is not a graduate of Edith Cowan university as claimed. If this is true, it’s a serious fraud perpetrated on the public & will erode public confidence in PH’s pledge of good governance.
Menteri Besar Perak, YAB Ahmad Faizal Azumu harus jelaskan status ijazah pendidikannya di Australia Carian di pejabat alumni tidak menemukan sebarang maklumat bahawa beliau graduate dr universiti berkenaan Adakah beliau ingin menjadi Azeez Rahim 2.0?
3 April 2017
DAP lawmaker claims some MPs hold fake degrees
PARLIAMENT | A DAP lawmaker has claimed there are parliamentarians with fake academic qualifications, including Master’s degrees and doctorates.
“(Certain) Yang Berhormat in this House hold fake academic degrees, not only doctorate degrees, but also master’s degrees,” he said without naming any lawmaker during the question and answer session in the Dewan Rakyat.
The Serdang MP suggested that lawmakers with doctorate degrees prove that their qualifications were genuine.
“This will give a good impression to the rakyat that we, as lawmakers ourselves, do not hold fake degrees,” he added.
Deputy Higher Education Minister Mary Yap concurred with Ong, saying she was all for academic integrity.
She called for those with evidence of fake academic credentials to lodge reports so that the ministry and police can take action.
To this, Ong stood up and said,” I will provide evidence.”
Putrajaya introduces database to bust fake PhD holders
KUALA LUMPUR, April 3 — The Higher Education Ministry said today it is setting up a database for the public to verify individuals’ doctorates.
Deputy Minister of Higher Education Datuk Dr Mary Yap Kain Ching said the ministry will also be collaborating with the Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission (MCMC) to check on fake certificates published online.
“We are working on a database for the list of PhD holders from public higher education institutes. It is to let the public verify a person’s PhD.
“We are also working together with the MCMC to see if fake doctorate holders post on websites,” she said in the Dewan Rakyat today.
The database would comprise the list of PhD holders, the university they obtained their degrees from, field of study, topic of thesis and their year of graduation, Yap explained.
Cases of individuals with fake doctorates involved in scams have been rampant over the past few months, with the emergence of academics trying to make a quick buck with motivational courses.
Yap also said that the ministry would be engaging the police to track down these frauds and expose them to better educate the public on this matter.
PhD siap 10 bulan? Itu doktor palsu, kata KPT
Kementerian Pengajian Tinggi (KPT) sedang merangka satu perisian yang membolehkan orang awam menyemak dan mengesahkan status PhD seseorang.
KUALA LUMPUR: Sesiapa yang memperoleh sijil ijazah kehormat (PhD) dalam tempoh 10 bulan, ia sijil palsu, kata Timbalan Menteri Pendidikan Tinggi Datuk Dr Mary Yap Ken Jin.
Beliau berkata penggunaan sijil PhD palsu adalah tindakan yang tidak boleh diterima dan kementerian turut bekerjasama dengan polis bagi mencegah penularan kegiatan ini.
“Sekiranya dapat tahu dan ada bukti pihak tertentu tidak dapat PhD dengan cara yang berintegriti, laporan boleh dibuat dan kementerian akan bekerjasama dengan polis.
“Tindakan tegas akan diambil dan saya sendiri tidak setuju dengan pihak yang menggunakan gelaran ‘doktor’ sekiranya mereka tidak dapat PhD dengan cara yang betul,” katanya dalam sesi pertanyaan lisan di Dewan Rakyat, hari ini.
PhD ialah ijazah tertinggi yang dianugerahkan sesebuah universiti. Penganugerahan tersebut dibuat setelah calon berjaya membuat penyelidikan yang mencapai standard PhD dalam sesuatu bidang.
Seseorang yang memperoleh ijazah PhD dipandang tinggi daripada segi keilmuannya dalam bidang kajiannya, lebih-lebih lagi kalau individu bergelar profesor.
Tempoh pengajian PhD lazimnya mengambil masa antara 3 hingga 6 tahun sekiranya dibuat secara sepenuh masa.
Bagi pengajian separuh masa tempoh yang diberi adalah sehingga 8 tahun bagi sesetengah universiti.
3 Feb 2017
Report: Two ministries to work on blocking syndicates offering fake degrees
KUALA LUMPUR, Feb 3 ― Communications and Multimedia Minister Datuk Seri Dr Salleh Said Keruak said his ministry will work with the Higher Education Ministry to block websites offering fake certificates.
According to The Star, Salleh Said wants to find out the locations of the syndicates before seeing if the authorities can block their access.
It was reported that these syndicates offered certificates, ranging from diplomas to doctoral degrees, for a fee.
Some also promised to deliver the certificates, including related documents, in just 24 hours once payment was made.
According to Utusan Malaysia, there are three types of syndicate that claim to offer the service with payments ranging between RM930 and RM15,000.
Besides giving out the certificate, the syndicate’s package includes a transcript, offer letter, applicant’s course application form and other related documents to make it seem “more real”.
SEE THE OFFERS TO SEE FAKE DEGREES TO YOU?
UUM certificate replica, buy fake UUM degree Malaysia, faking Malaysia degrees http://www.bestdiploma1.com/ whatsapp:+86 17081007513
Buy fake Multimedia University diploma, fake Malaysia degrees http://www.bestdiploma1.com