Nazri calls Wan Saiful ‘stupid boy’ for denying Bersatu ‘bought’ Umno members
By Muhammad Zulsyamini Sufian Suri – January 3, 2021 @ 4:28pm
PADANG RENGAS: Parti Pribumi Bersatu Malaysia (Bersatu) Information Chief Wan Saiful Wan Jan was on the receiving end from Umno Supreme Council member Datuk Seri Mohamed Nazri Abdul Aziz.
This was for denying that it was involved in the ‘buying’ and ‘stealing’ of Umno members to beef up Bersatu.
Nazri who is quite vocal in his views, did not mince his words when he said that the Bersatu leader’s denial was not something odd as many of Wan Saiful’s statement before this did not make any sense.
“This is a stupid boy, not smart,” said the former Barisan Nasional secretary-general.
“There is no need to entertain (Wan Saiful), we know (he is) stupid. They (Bersatu) stole (Umno members). They stole 16 seats, our Members of Parliament (to jump ship).” he said.
Nazri told this to reporters at a press conference in conjunction with the Padang Rengas Umno Delegates meeting at Dewan Millenium, Lubok Merbau, here today.
The Padang Rengas Member of Parliament said the issue of ‘buying’ and ‘stealing Umno members also took place in Perak including when it came to appointment of council members for local authorities in the state.
“The flower (Bersatu) is disturbing our village. Even the council member post has to be given to them, more so when there is no one from them. They steal our (Umno) people and this does not include them in providing money to the tune of RM20,000 to establish branches for them.
“The statement by their secretary-general (Datuk Seri Hamzah Zainuddin) also made it very obvious by targeting 8,000 branches in three months. Where is the logic in the formation so many branches in such a short time, and that too which is done for free? Playing with money is a more probable cause,” he said.
Saturday, 02 Jan 2021 06:31 PM MYT
BY IDA LIM
KUALA LUMPUR, Jan 2 ― Umno Youth chief Datuk Asyraf Wajdi Dusuki today said the wing is ready to face any lawsuits from political ally Parti Pribumi Bersatu Malaysia over claims that the latter was “stealing and buying” off its members.
Asyraf Wajdi said Bersatu should have accepted Umno Youth’s advice to stop any alleged efforts to buy or steal members from Umno to boost Bersatu’s own membership numbers.
“Honestly I was hoping that the answer would at least be, ‘We will investigate the allegation made by Umno Youth’, not THREATEN TO SUE,” he said in a statement posted on his Facebook page.
He reiterated his claim that there were allegedly “too many complaints” from Umno grassroots throughout Malaysia accusing Bersatu of buying and stealing members.
“Therefore if Bersatu information chief wishes to proceed with suing, we Umno Youth welcomes it and will take the opportunity in court later to reveal all the evidence before the judge in the future,” he said.
Bersatu ‘buying’ Umno members at RM100 each, charges Asyraf
Youth chief also accuses Perikatan partner of forking out up to RM5,000 for each new branch set up
Updated 32 minutes ago · Published on 02 Jan 2021 1:34PM · 0 Comments
KUALA LUMPUR – A war of words has again erupted between Umno and Bersatu, following allegations of “stealing and buying” members.
Umno Youth chief Datuk Asyraf Wajdi Dusuki in a Facebook post this morning accused Bersatu of nicking members of his party.
“For the past few months, there have been many complaints from and anxiety among Umno members and grassroots leaders, accusing Bersatu of encouraging (recruiters) to ‘steal’ and ‘buy’ members from Umno.
“Some have admitted to joining Bersatu after being paid up to RM100, and every branch set up would get between RM3,000 and RM5,000.
“Statements from Bersatu leaders that seem without guilt, defending Umno members joining Bersatu based on the policy of ‘openness’ and under the Perikatan Nasional roof, only serve to worsen ties between the two parties.”
He urged for a stop to efforts to “steal” and “buy” members if the Umno-Bersatu cooperation in PN is to be maintained.
Such efforts only confirm the perception that Bersatu and PN were formed to weaken and replace Umno, he said.
“Instead of directing resources to establish party branches, political partners such as Umno and PAS should work together to help the people.
“Lessons should be learnt from the Umno-PAS cooperation in 1974-1977 that witnessed fierce competition for members, which led to bad blood for decades.”
Bersatu is considering legal action against Umno Youth chief Asyraf Wajdi Dusuki after he accused the party of buying over Umno members, marking yet another sore point between the Perikatan Nasional allies.
In a statement today, Bersatu information chief Wan Saiful Wan Jan (above) denied the allegation and demanded an apology.
“His (Asyraf’s) move to say ‘everyone who joins Bersatu is paid up to RM100 and every new branch is given between RM3,000 to RM5,000’ is unacceptable. I strongly deny this wild and baseless accusation.
“I urge Asyraf to apologise and retract his allegation immediately.
“I will also discuss with the party about the suitability of taking legal action in this matter,” he said on Facebook.
Bersatu out to weaken Umno?
Asyraf had made the allegation earlier today on his own Facebook page.
He took offence after a recent article by BH Online cited Bersatu secretary-general Hamzah Zainudin saying the ruling party aims to have 8,000 branches in the next three months.
5ftStlponsioredh · PPBM MUST STOP IMMEDIATELY ‘ STOLEN ‘ AND ‘ BUY ‘ UMNO MEMBERS IF YOU WANT TO SAVE COOPERATION1. When the atmosphere of UMNO-PPBM relations in the grassroots are getting hotter and bitter due to the struggle and ‘theft’ of the members who are becoming more and more, the Secretary of Agong PPBM is not reasonable to add more oil to the burning fire.
2. Over the past few months, many complaints and unrest among UMNO members and leaders of the nationwide grassroots who claim PPBM are fierce men ‘ STEAL ‘ and mem ‘ BUY ‘ UMNO members. Some admit that everyone who joins PPBM is paid up to RM100, each branch that is allocated to RM3, 000 up to RM5, 000.
3. Thus, PPBM’s highest leadership statement that such as no guilt even defends the entry of UMNO members into PPBM on the basis of ‘ openness ‘ and the excuses under one ‘ Roof of Perikatan Nasional ‘ will only cause UMNO-PPBM relations to be more dull and fussy.
4. The phenomenon of ‘ stolen ‘ and ‘ bought ‘ UMNO members if it continues like this will confirm all perceptions and allegations during this time that the goal of PPBM was established and the large coalition of the Perikatan Nasional Party was created just to undermine and replace UMNO.
5. It should be in the atmosphere of the government’s compound, fully utilized to find points of understanding and dissolve all forms of differences including stopping any efforts to undermine each other for greater union agenda.
6. Take it as well as a lesson on how the collapse of UMNO-PAS cooperation in Barisan Nasional, following the competition fighting against the members who are getting worse through 1974-1977, causing the separation of the largest parties of Malays to be induced to decades of feuds.
7. Instead of deploying all the provisions and resources of the party’s big funds to establish a branch, it’s better to benefit it with the partnership of partnerships such as UMNO and PAS for the activities of helping people at the grassroots level together.
8. Not to mention almost all members of the current PPBM Parliament including those who ‘jumped’ from UMNO to the position of Minister and Deputy Minister. Should focus on being shaken by all resources to help people who are struggling and anxious to think about survival in the current pandemic situation.
9. Malaysian UMNO Youth Movement is hereby standing and urgent to immediately stop any effort to compete and buy members from each other if you still want to see the cooperation of UMNO and PPBM in the Perikatan Nasional Government is now saved.
Dr Asyraf Wajdi Dusuki
Head of Malaysian UMNO Youth Movement
3.8K3.8K1.3K Comments546 SharesLikeCommentShare